Get

Details page

[Vote] The Cold Moonlight - Detective Game

Votes
Article Publish : 08/09/2024 16:57
Translate

🌙 When the lamp went off --- only the lonely cold moonlight remains 💡

📕Story Background

One summer evening, detective Miss McCaw arrived at Julie's house for dinner, as she had scheduled an appointment. As Miss McCcaw arrived at the house, the housemaid first asked her to sit in the living room and then went upstairs to fetch Julie. In less than a minute, a scream suddenly came from the second floor. The housemaid then appeared on the stairs in a panic and shouted, "oh no! Something seems to have happened to Miss Julie!" 

After hearing this, Miss McCaw immediately ran up to the second floor and, with the housemaid, damaged the door and then ran into the study room. When the door opened, Miss McCaw found that there was no light on in this room. However, since the moonlight was bright enough that night, the room was not too dark. Through the moonlight, Miss McCaw saw Julie lying on the desk.

Miss McCaw walked forward to check on Julie's condition. Suddenly, she felt her right foot bump into something. She saw it was a small desk lamp and picked it up. Here's what the housemaid said to McCaw: when I knocked on the door, Miss Julie didn't answer.

(A) I tried to open the door but found it was locked from the inside.

So, (B) I looked through the keyhole and saw Miss Julie lying on the table with the lamp on.

(C) Suddenly, the room went dark, and I couldn't see anything. I was startled and asked you to come upstairs.

Miss McCaw touched the bulb of the desk lamp in her hand and found it was cold. She hesitated for a moment and then turned on the lamp. The light illuminated the entire room, revealing that Julie had been struck hard on the head and had died in front of the desk.

McCaw thought for a moment and asked the housemaid, "When you looked through the keyhole, was the lamp on the table lit?" The housemaid replied,

"Yes. (D) When I looked through the keyhole, the lamp on the table was on. After a while, the room suddenly became dark, and I couldn't see anything."

"You’re lying. You’re the murderer!" Miss McCaw shouted, and she put handcuffs on the housemaid. 

Do you know why Miss McCaw knew the murderer was the housemaid?

🔍Known Clues

1. In the story, Miss McCaw judged that the housemaid was lying based on what she said.
  2. The lamp was knocked off by Miss Julie when her arms twitched when she was dying.

🕵️‍Questions and Discussions for YOU

1. Which sentence of the housemaid do you think is most likely to be the basis for Miss McCaw's judgement? (A/B/C/D)
  2. Try to imagine: What do you think the housemaid's movements were? (Open-ended)
  3. There are many songs related to "Moonlight" throughout history. What examples can you give us? (e.g. Debussy's clair de lune)

🎉Participation Rewards

The FIRST user to successfully deduce the identity of the "culprit" and their motive in the comment, will receive a reward of 2,000 GT points! Other participants will earn 200-500 GT points based on the completeness of their submissions. 💰

📅Submission Deadline

August 16, 2024

Reminder: This is the submission deadline if you want to claim the reward with your vote, but after this date the vote will still remain open for a period of time, so please feel free to participate at any time, detectives!

----- Previous answer (Don't Trust Strangers) -------

The person who stole the ruby was the tenant who claimed he thought it was his room. The key clue lies in his behavior: if this room were indeed his, he wouldn't have knocked before entering. This inconsistency makes his actions suspicious, pointing to him as the likely thief.

Link to the post: [Vote] Don't Trust Strangers - Detective Game – Gtarcade Discussion Forum Official Forum

We will be rewarding 200 GT points to all players who voted correctly, and additional points to some outstanding responses.

Congratulations and enjoy your juicy GT points reward!!!

🎁 Additional Reward Rule

We greatly appreciate everyone's willingness and time to participate in our new community discussion event, the Detective Game.

While there is only one "correct" answer we've prepared, we will reward anyone who comes up with a genuine deduction process and actively engages in this event with a random amount of EXTRA GT Points based on the quality of their answer.

We will carefully review and select the best comments, so don't worry detectives, join in and earn your points!

Note: We have now reclassified the Detective Game back under the Votes category to enhance event navigation and streamline the reward claim process using the VOTE function. (Please note that this change is not permanent and may be subject to future adjustments)

Translate