GTarcade App

More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

Why you must do rebel leaders! Part 1 - F2P

Wars & Stories in Westeros Game Guides
Article Publish : 03/23/2023 05:56
Translate

All of you have seen those Rebel Leaders running around our hives, and know that killing them provides you with a chest for the alliance. But have you thought deeper about why they are so important?

In this guide I will cover that and how to improve your damage on them, as well as some general information about Rebel Leaders. The damage part will be mainly focused on Levels 4 and 5, if it helps for lower levels, I will mention that as well. I will divide the guide into a F2P and a P2P part. This will focus on F2P and the general ideas as to what Rebel Leaders are good for, each individually, and why killing, or at least attacking them, is important.

First off, I will start with why they are important:

• The most important reason should be no stranger to anyone as it is also mentioned above, the rebels give you an alliance chest once they are killed, which everyone in the alliance can open, including yourself, to receive either resources, speed-ups, diamonds, alliance coins, etc. This means that killing them helps everyone, the more gifts you have, the better the chances someone gets some good drops that end up benefitting the alliance in the long run. In addition to this, the gifts opened give alliance tokens which can be used as funds for Alliance Conquest and Siege of Winterfell, alongside being able to build new buildings like the alliance warehouse, or alliance defense tower which can help you stay bubbled from invaders.

• Another reason is that if you are under level 60, you receive experience for your Lord. With the experience you are going to level it up, after it levels up, you can add points to your talent tree and improve your commanders, dealing even more damage to rebel leaders and helping you in Weirwood, events, and PvP, making this all connected.

• When you attack them you can also get good drops in form of diamonds, speed-ups, precise transfers, equipment items, and lastly, once you reach level 6 rebels, you can receive fantastic dust and battle diamond.

• Sometimes they are needed in events, these are singular events like using motivation in weapon depot, commissions or recruitment pass, meaning it is only for yourself to do, but the rewards can be very nice and if you finish your research, you can have a higher recovery rate to finish the events quest faster.
  • Alliances have minimum rebel leader kill requirements. This is what alliances often ask of their players after they reach a certain level.

• The last reason was mentioned briefly above as well, but it is the most important for your account itself, and that is the drop of equipment parts. With these drops, you can level your equipment up and improve drastically, in what you want to do with the account, be it maxing the gathering speed, research speed, construction speed, or maxing your equipment for fights, especially later on, when you will need only battle diamonds and fantastic dust.

What are commanders good for when attacking rebel leaders?

They are good for increasing your damage against the Rebel Leader that they are effective against. For example, using Arya against a Greenblood Warrior will deal more damage than if you used her against an Oldtown Student because the counters apply to rebel leaders as well.

What are the most essential commanders to have?

The most essential commander for everyone to have, has to be Jeane for F2P, she will be in quite a lot of the formations mentioned, but there will be some commanders that you will need to reach and have, which are P2P, but obtainable through F2P events.

I will start off with the completely F2P ones which should be the main damage dealers in most cases, and also Jeane as support, the order they are in is random:

From the F2P commanders, it's best to first focus on Jeane and Sheila to golden quality, then based on what kind of rebel leader you want to improve your damage against, or depending on your PvP formation, focus on that and it will all come with time. Of course tanks like Chris, Gorrell, and Robb are always good to have as well. Honorable mentions for this would be Tyrion and Sabrina, they are also very important commanders, but they are harder to obtain.

Then we have the semi-F2P ones, which are harder to obtain for F2P but still obtainable to gold quality and awakening for extra damage. The important ones from those are:

The first commander to focus on would be Lareo to green or blue, afterward, Barret in case you do not have Enzo at all, if you do have Enzo, focus on Egbert as he is complementing him nicely.

The next commanders are all P2P that are useful, however, they are obtainable for free through events, you only need them to be grey or green at most for them to work against a lot of the rebels. These will be ranked on importance from left (most important) to right (least important).

What are ways to obtain every Commander that is useful?

What equipment is necessary for me to start doing more damage to the rebel leaders and how can I get it?

The mountain clan set is the equipment that you have to use to be able to deal more damage to any kind of rebel leader.

It is obtainable by playing in KvK and finishing the following requirements for the rewards: (solo rewards)

Your alliance can also help you get more chests by reaching this amount of points:

Alliance rankings during KvK also influence the amount of Mountain Clan chests you get:

In total you can get at least 210 Mountain Clan chests just by completing your solo rewards and if your alliance reaches 47 million points. With a maximum of 300 chests reachable if you finish on the first spot. Now let's continue with the Rebel Leader types to understand each of them better.

Does it matter who I have equipped as lord?

Short answer, YES! The lord influences the equipment that you have on you, meaning the Mountain Clan set will not be used without the lord there. And it also stops being used when the Lord dies against the Rebel Leader, so be careful who you choose, most people opt for Enzo as he is in a lot of formations, but it can happen that he dies due to being the tank. I personally opt for Theon, since he is safer and leads to less varying of my damage in general.

What other ways can I increase my damage?

You can improve more than just damage by completing the expedition tree under the Maester Tower, which gives you more motivation limit, increased damage, reduces motivation cost, increases motivation recovery rate, and more. The total stats of what you can get is:

What types of Rebel Leaders are there?

Here I will start off with what I like the call PvE Rebel Leaders, they are those that increase your account's stats and are not directed to fighting, such as Oldtown Students, Riverlands Poacher, Westerlands Ore Thief, and Crownlands Rioter. These are all obtainable through attacking the rebels and BD packs, as well as events.

PvE Rebels:

Oldtown Students:

They drop just research equipment parts and are weak against cavalry commanders. With the equipment, you can reduce the time that one research takes in the Maester Tower for you to complete.

A couple of F2P formations for Level 4 are (the commander's quality in the screenshots is irrelevant, all of the formations are 2 to 3 shots with the required commanders.):

F2P for Level 5:

Riverlands Poacher:

They drop only gathering equipment parts and are weak against bow commanders.

With the equipment, you decrease the time you need to collect resources on the map, which should be a high priority for events where the gathering of resources is needed, KvK for example but also for daily use. Gathering also helps finish the Champion Set.

A couple of F2P formations for Level 4 are (the commander's quality in the screenshots is irrelevant, all of the formations are 2 to 3 shots with the required commanders.):

F2P for Level 5:

Westerlands Ore Thief and Crownlands Rioter:

Both of them drop equipment parts needed for faster building. Westerlands Ore Thief is needed for the armor and weapon, and the Crownlands Rioter for the other 3. Gathering and Research should be prioritized over this one when possible after you reach Castle level 25.

F2P for Level 5:

PvP Rebels:

Next, I'd want to continue with the category of Rebel Leaders, which are the PvP ones, they are those that increase strictly your fighting PvP. They are quite a bit more than the PvE ones and they're also the most popular as people want to fight and have fun that way.

Here I will start off with what I like the call PvE Rebel Leaders, they are those that increase your account's stats and are not directed to fighting, such as Oldtown Students, Riverlands Poacher, Westerlands Ore Thief, and Crownlands Rioter. These are all obtainable through attacking the rebels and through BD packs as well as events.

Black Ears and Stormland Insurgent:

Both of these are weak against cavalry commanders, the armor from the set gives training speed, the others are good for infantry and cavalry overall, both for the Storm's rage set.

F2P for Level 5:

Narrow Sea Raider and Greenblood Warrior:

This set gives some infantry and spear attack, best to mix it with others, both for the Sunspear Set.

F2P for Level 5:

Northern Rebel and Bolton Boys:

Both in the Frost Set, they give spear and cavalry attack.

F2P for Level 5:

Stoneway Claimant and Hedge Knight:

Both are good for training speed and bow players, training speed is universally good, so keep an eye on it, both in the Oath Set.

F2P for Level 5:

The daily rotation of rebel leaders:

There is also a daily rotation which is as follows:

It was also added into the game with the last updates, which makes it easier to keep track, so keep an eye on that, this way you will know what to prepare for ahead of time.

In conclusion, there are quite a few good options for F2P players when it comes to the higher-level rebel leaders as well. It makes it possible for you to keep up as much as possible with the people that pay. For them, however, I will continue this guide in the next part. It will include some more details like marching and castle skins, which through a lot of grinding, can be obtained by F2P as well with time and patience. Stay tuned for when I finish it!

Translate