GTarcade App

More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

Ultimate Conquest Season 18 Second Round MBL vs KUM

Wars & Stories in Westeros
Article Publish : 04/26/2024 18:05
Translate

It was a spring noon, with the weather unexpectedly hot and sweltering that found MBL preparing for their second match in the eighteenth season of Ultimate Conquest. Contrary to MBL practices, a staggering number of MBL warriors had appeared for the match, almost filling the required number of seventy participants. As most MBL knights usually kept to themselves and ignored the game of thrones played by the great Houses, they had no real clue who their opponent was or how strong they were.

Who are we playing, say again? Asked DJ loudly. He was already perspiring under his helmet.

An alliance called KUM, answered Bearface patiently, Was about to explain about them, when he was interrupted rudely by Redfets

KUM? It is fine, they won’t come, he joked. Fleep who was nearby sniggered loudly.

At Bearface’s stony look, he continued more seriously.

Honestly they won’t come. I mean, OK I was dying to make this pun, but in their match with NFI they had ten people attending. We have a safe win here.

Bearface rolled his eyes, but had no time to say more as the trumpets heralded the beginning of the battle. As MBL warriors took their places in the map, they realised that while KUM indeed had less warriors than MBL, it was only two less. And the superior commanders that KUM warriors had in their ranks, became very apparent in those that took the trouble of looking at their opponents before the start of the races.

Maybe lack of practice will make them sluggish, half joked half hoped Redfets swallowing nervously. The KUM warriors hit the four opened buildings like lightning. MBL did not capture a single one. KUM even proceeded to execute two faultless swaps on their Outpost and Mother.

We are dead, DJ muttered. In his case, it did look probable as he was starting to combust under his armour and the match had barely started. However the rest of MBL, true to MBL spirit, and not being unused to being the underdog, perked up and were determined to have fun against KUM. Warrior had been left unattended, and although it took an embarrassing number of solos to overcome their resistance, MBL gained the Tower of Warrior with lord Strandli. MBL rallied to defend Lord Strandli but with a few brutal solos Warrior fell, before even ports opened.

Take heart, boys and run like the wind, said Lord Strandli, undaunted by the Warrior fall. Sadly his inspiring words fell to deaf ears and both ports were won by KUM. 

There is a ghost in their outpost and they are too busy swapping the ports. Let’s rally fast, called Fleepo. Rallies were set up on Casper, and MBL filled them with uncharacteristic swiftness. Of course the fact they had no building helped a lot with that. And they went off!! Every rally was kicking defenders and the outpost defenders were going down, down down to three when the last rally hit. 

Someone solo with me, Redfets screamed, but sadly the outpost was so close to the KUM hive, and it was filled with defenders almost instantly.

Bearface had been silently soloing MIO in the Lannister outpost with his cavs when he let out a cry.

Damn, he called to be reinforced with spears.

Spears? Asked Redfets his mood lightening immediately. Leave him to me. And let a master show you, how a first place in eliminations today is achieved.

Bearface bristled. A master? Over my dead body, he thought. He scanned around and realised the port was held by also an inf lead of KUM. Here we go, and called for a rally.

Both Redfets and Bearface started chipping at the outpost and port respectively. Like little chipmunks, they started draining KUM reinforcements, who probably at such a one-sided game, they were not paying full attention to their buildings.

A big cry arose in MBL ranks, and Bearface was holding the Lannister Port. 

I bet you won’t hold that for more than thirty seconds, once the bubble drops, DJ told him morosely. He was not in a good mood, but it was mostly the weather to blame, and that no wine had been allowed, till after the match.

I will take that bet, DJ, replied Bearface with a small smile. MBL once more filled Bearface fully. And they waited. First hit took away 8 defenders, and it looked like DJ would win his bet. But suddenly a bubble appeared. Bearface was a marquis in MBL and he activated the Dragon’s might Stratagem which granted to his building a one minute bubble.

I would like the earnings in gold and grain please, he replied to DJ with a smug smile.

You cheater, exclaimed Fleep in awed admiration.

Haha well played, bear, well played, laughed DJ

As soon as the bubble fell, was spear soloed hard and fast. He certainly would have lost the bet without the stratagem. 

Now is my time, murmured Redfets inaudibly and taking advantage of KUM’s diverted attention to the port, he captured Lannister Outpost. 

Fill me fast, he yelled, and let’s see what happens. Once again MBL enthusiastically filled the Outpost. They certainly liked a challenge. KUM warriors did not bother to scout him, and everyone soloed him, including their spear leaders which gave him some nice wins, and he immediately started showing off to his fellow warriors.

Bearface nudged Redfets, showing him the wounded MBL people that had tried to defend their buildings.

Think it is time we called it, what do you think? He asked

Of course you would say that, grumbled Redfets, since you are ahead of me in eliminations, but he nodded in the affirmative. It was too much destruction for MBL especially for a hopeless match.

MBL did try to race for the mines, to gain a few points at least, but KUM again outraced them, achieving first capture in every single building. 

Will it ever end? Asked DJ. Was hard to tell if he was more eager for the open bar in the Great Hall of MBL that was awaiting them or just to shed his armour.

Guys? What is happening? Fleep asked, as he noticed buildings being abandoned.

JustMe did not wait to answer, she went off and captured Casterly Rock. That would show both Bearface and Redfets who was the most important player in the game.

Pirate Panda, the little squire of traitorous ChristianOr, for the first time became a hero capturing Lannister Port.

See Bearface? Really do not understand why you had so much trouble capturing this, he joked. And even if some KUM warriors did take delight in hitting out the few MBL troops that were holding the buildings, MBL, thanks to KUM’s generosity, did manage to reach 50k points.

As soon as the match ended, everyone rushed to the Great Hall, and started celebrating the end of Ultimate Conquest.

Not a bad experience, but those folks were seriously outgunning us, commented DJ, holding an iced wine in his hand.

Well, duh. It is, after all, between the sixteen best alliances of all the land, answered Fleep.

And we are one of those, mused Bearface quietly. Imagine that. 

Loud cheers erupted in MBL Great Hall!! People were clapping heartily, chanting “we are the best, we are the best” and Bearface started laughing also. Nothing could daunt MBL spirits for long, and why should it? They went, fought earnestly, had some nice wins and many ore defeats and left the most prestigious competition of the land with their head held high.

Well done, MBL!!!!!

Translate