GTarcade App

More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

Red Mine Fury

Wars & Stories in Westeros
Article Publish : 05/04/2024 05:32
Translate

It was a pretty spring morning in K179. The birds were chirping happily and that awoke Ser PinkyOr earlier than usual. His bad mood at having woken early was exacerbated as soon as he looked at the supermine. A spear lord had been there for four hours undisturbed.

Where on earth is MBL? he murmured through gritted teeth. If there was one thing MBL did not lack, it was infantry warriors, and almost none of them had maxed the fabled Needle weapon. He quickly donned his armour, still muttering about entitled younglings that never did anything for themselves. 

It was an easy win for PinkyOr and in all honesty nothing that any good infantry knight could not handle. 

Holding the mine, with 1 t1. Anyone who wants Arya, go for it, he bellowed as he passed through MBL Great Hall to the kitchens, looking to break his fast.

Emerging twenty minutes later, his good humour restored, after the cook provided him with a hearty breakfast of eggs and lemon pies, he saw to his surprise he was still holding the mine. He considered briefly and then decided what he would do. He went to Pinky’s tent, but as he was fast asleep, he motioned Pinky’s general to take the mine with minimal troops. He went away satisfied, as he knew Pinky was far away from finishing the weapon, since he usually was too busy helping other MBLs to make time for himself. And since he was up that early he decided to go hunting. 

Like PinkyOr had expected, when Pinky awoke and since he found himself with almost three hours to his name, he conceded the mine to other MBL lords. Neither considered the matter, as PinkyOr certainly did not need the weapon and Pinky would have a good place, but when Pinky returned, he saw once more the mine in another alliance lord’s hands, and wasting no time he returned to it, dreaming that since no one else seemed that interested, perhaps he could allow himself just once to take first place.

PinkyOr returning from his hunt, carrying a deer on his back, with an ease like he was carrying a chicken, saw Pinky outside the mine.

Oh nice lad, I see you made some time, he told the young man kindly.

Not so nice, General, answered Pinky morosely. I am being attacked constantly by spear warriors and even their squires.

Have you been defending properly? enquired the older man. You know you cannot hold a mine with few troops inside.

I have not been using full force, all the times I admit, but neither do they. The problem is they are all spears, which is death to my cavs. It is impossible, replied Pinky despairingly. There is no way I will make it, and I am running low on picks, so they will have all the time to add to their time.

No way? bellowed PinkyOr, shame on you for speaking these words. He scratched his head for a second, he really disliked getting into the mine, when he had eleven Needles in his arsenal, but he could hold the fort, till the young knight recovered his picks at least. He handed the deer to Pinky, who buckled under the sudden weight and he entered the supermine again. 

Perhaps, I should have taken a bath before coming here, he mused to himself as he could detect the metallic  odour of the deer’s dried blood on his clothes. He glanced and saw a small brook right next to the mine. Did he dare? it had been quiet so he left his troops unattended and darted to the water. When he returned five minutes later he realised what a mistake he made. Pinky’s enemies, had summoned a cavalry squire, strong for his age, and he had relentlessly attacked him.

First hit, perfect, thought PinkyOr.

Second hit, not so bad.

It was at the third hit, he realised that he had forgotten to auto refill his armies and the daring squire had been chipping away his meatshield. At an enormous cost to himself, for sure, but still. As he started to heal his hospital, he took another hit and realised he was still under attack.

Blast and damnation, he cursed. I will not let this young snippersnapper get the better of me. I have scourged the Land of Westeros and beyond, time to end him, and he hastily replaced his weaker troops to tank the attacks.

He sent a raven to Pinky asking him to return to the mine. 

I think I have exhausted them, and you must have recovered a bit of your picks. Let us try once more to get you in there.

Pinky relieved the general, making no comment on his part wet part bloodied clothes. he managed to gain some time, and as he was starting to hope, Varik Thetras the spear lord of the morning and holder of the first place returned with a vengeance.

He did not try seriously at first, but he managed to kick Pinky’s less than full army.

Oh come on lad, just use your full army and he will lose, commented Pinkyor as he was passing by, having changed into his nice clothes, and was heading to Lady Rhaella’s winery.

He had barely walked five metres, when he heard the sound of battle, coming from the mine. Almost unwillingly, he returned to it. Pinky had followed his advice, but so had Varik Thetras, which resulted in a big defeat for the lad.

Cursing himself for stopping, he made a step to walk away. He could almost taste Rhaella’s sweet meads, but he could not bring himself to abandon him. He knew Pinky would have secured the first place long ago if he had not ceded his place to other MBL lords. With a big sigh, he charged the mine.

The result was pretty anticlimactic as Thetras was defending with only t3s. 

On and on, the battle went on. Every time Pinky took the mine, Thetras was kicking him to be kicked by Pinkyor. 

PinkyOr wiped the sweat from his brow. He was not getting any younger and he had spent most of the day fighting.

He must be getting low on picks, think he has only one try left.

I do not have much more myself but i do hope you are right, responded Pinky once more retraining troops.

PinkyOr once more resumed the mine, and to both their surprise Varik Thetras, used his last pick on him.

Hooray!!! they cheered, but their happiness was premature. More spear accounts appeared to stop Pinky from getting that first place. 

I give up. Since i cannot have it, i want you to take it, he told PinkyOr solemnly.

The old warrior just nodded but he had another plan in mind. He would let him take a breather and hopefully the other side would give up too, but there was no way on earth he would accept defeat when Pinky was only nine minutes away from first place.

One hour later, PinkyOr nudged awake Pinky who had fallen in exhausted stupor in the spot.

You are going in, he told him in a voice that allowed no arguments.

But lightbringer? Pinky asked, confused. Refusing PinkyOr was impossible.

You will tank him. You will use a 75% army enhancer. Time to train troops. Not T1s, but T3s. You will bleed, yes, But you will win. Trust me, said the sage warrior.

Pinky took the mine, and like clockwork, Lyghtbringer appeared.

Yes!! he shouted exhilarated.

Never mind cheering. HEAL!!! instructed PinkyOr, his commanding tone, reminding Pinky why he had been a legend in his generation.

Pinky started gaining. Each second was valuable, and they had to be careful because if he failed to tank he was on his last pick.

Four minutes, you can do it, he encouraged Pinky.

Lyghtbringer kept coming relentlessly, hoping to wear them down. Desperate to kick Pinky, he threw caution to the wind and attacked full T4. It was too much for Pinky to tank and in horror, they watched as Pinky was out. 

They both turned to the rankings table. They were in the last hour. If the tanking had not been enough, it was all over. 

And yes Pinky had passed ahead, they had done it!! PinkyOr resumed the mine, not because he wanted to, but because the difference was so fragile he needed to safeguard it.

Cannot believe we pulled it off, but I feel bad about you, Pinky told the general as they were sharing a very late mead at Rhealla’s tavern. 

PinkyOr shrugged and motioned Rhaella to come over with more mead.

All in a day’s work, lad. Besides, I had to see if it was possible to tank the spears.

Pinky’s mead burst through his nose.

You mean you were not sure? he yelled.

Haha of course I wasn't. But I did think your odds were good in succeeding, laughed PinkyOr.

However, no good deed goes unpunished or unrewarded in this case. Next day a raven appeared, holding twenty Sabrina medals for PinkyOr. He had been in place 91 before redmine, but the tanking made him end up in place 19. PinkyOr smiled in satisfaction and they all lived happily ever after. For a while……..

Translate