GTarcade App

More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

CCS! Trying to survive rallies from WHALES!

Wars & Stories in Westeros Wars & Stories in Westeros
Article Publish : 08/27/2022 23:12
Translate
Edited by eldas at 08/27/2022 23:34

It was one of those mornings I looked in the mirror (read: Military Grounds) and realised I had grown rather fat... Over 1 billion power for just a small fish! Something had to be done about that, and luckily enough it was time for the next round of Champion City Siege! Making a few hurried plans with BDR players we shifted kingdoms and joined up with some amigos in FDH, using the shell alliance of KOH with lots of space for this event. There wasn't too much to think or get prepared - hop kingdom, connect to the correct discord, join new alliance and all was set for the event!

We jumped in full of apprehension and excitement. There were no slouches on the other side of the map - NsE, which is a shell alliance of N3O, had a few beastlike accounts and plenty of strong support castles backing them up. Whilst we were certainly not lacking in firepower either with Love Angel, Astrryx and Napoleon X, it was going to be an uphill battle undoubtedly. All the better for losing some troops you could say!

Not a second to lose and we're straight out the gates with a rally on Phil2417, an incredibly strong Bow player for N3O, while at the same time having to ready ourselves for a defence on Astrryx! Moving your troops and dragons around quickly in this event is super important, and it's more than just about sheer power... strategy, game knowledge and skill certainly play a large role too!

Both of Napoleon's rallies landed against Phil and both times everyone took huge losses... how can you even say who the victor was here, have you ever seen a couple of closer rallies?! A pyhrric victory at best if any I'd say😅Given that the name of the game here is largely to lose a lot of troops though... We take those! And it didn't look like the action was showing any signs of slowing down soon... so bring on more wild fighting and bloodshed!!

The next rally we took was on Astrryx by Ur Nightmare, a powerful player from N3O known for his invasions and terrorising presence in events like KVK and CCS. Despite the big losses we suffered, we'll definitely take that as a win with the NsE side taking far more damage and losses! Mmmm, perhaps Ur Nightmare was beatable after all... once the dust had settled from this hit they quickly set up an attack on me. Time to test my mettle!

A great hit... relatively! Given Ur Nightmare's great strength, the plethora of supporting dragons and with almost 6.5 million rally size, I was quite happy with the result. I was more than a little apprehensive when he set the rally, knowing just how hard he can hit, and this served as a confidence boost, despite what looks like a big loss. Almost as soon as his troops had hit and returned through the great doors leading into his castle, they were readied once more for a second rally! I'd lost a lot of troops here... I couldn't really take a second hit could I?! But, I still had over 10 million troops left, and callous as it sounds towards my poor troops, I could afford to lose some more of them.

Oooouch! A second hit I did take; not my proudest moment really, that was a huge hit to take and in hindsight I should have tried to dodge it, emptying out my troops into bubbled castles around. Once again Ur Nightmare was able to get close to full reinforcements and powerful dragons, whilst for this hit I only had a couple of friends with their dragons support me and the result was me getting completely and utterly bopped. 😭Though on the bright side, the mission to slim down and lose all my fat was achieved in one huge hit... I can almost see the six pack!

After both the rallies had crashed into me, I was feeling a little shaky and nervous... with only five million troops sitting idle in my castle I was definitely in the range of being soloable with how strong some of the opposition was! As such I called it a day, jumping out and returning to the relative safety of K3, putting a pretty bubble once more over my castle and feeling ready to settle back and start perusing through the CCS token shop. Those Bravery and Battle tokens won't spend themselves!

Seventth for Bravery tokens, so seventh for the numbers of my troops dead... We'll take that, hello two gold inf badges! 😀

Setting out on a quest to slim down, the end result is a loss of over 300 million power, though a little over five million troops remaining in my castle... I'd call that pretty successful! I definitely didn't want to lose all my troops, or EldaS would be looking pretty sad at Glorious Battle and in the mines. 😅Overall it was a short lived but fun CCS at barely fifteen minutes for us, with NsE just proving to be too strong with so many support castles and players willing to throw troops in rallies. Enjoy the buffs NsE, and hopefully I don't end up staring down the barrel of Ur Nightmare's rallies again anytime soon!~

Translate