GTarcade App

More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

A CCS royal rumble for Longreach Castle

Wars & Stories in Westeros Wars & Stories in Westeros
Article Publish : 07/02/2023 06:11
Translate

After Belore II won the crown of Champion Conqueror last CCS, the enthusiasm for the event saw a rapid rise in N0X, last time we were barely 10 of us fighting for the Objective but this time the interest was quite high and we could certainly expect a lot more people. CCS is a pretty fun event now, with the player castles always being safe it reminds me of the childhood game of King of the Hill. Even though I hadn't really recovered from the last CCS yet I was still ready to throw my lot in behind Belore II again.

As is my habit, I turned up at his castle gates and made straight for him, he was busy sharpening his spears, but I have never had much respect for his personal space 😂

Me: We doing CCS again right?

Belore: i kinda want to but i dont want the title and i don't have the troops, so unsure.

Me: Why wouldn't you want the title?

Belore: Joining other alliances is a pain because only one CCS title holder allowed per alliance.

Me: Well we can still fight right? The rewards are worthwhile.

Belore: Let's see how many people are interested.

Though his reply wasn't to my liking, I figured he will fight anyway, wouldn't be able to escape the lure of those special CCS badges. So, i went home and got into full training mode, there wasn't much time left, less than a day for CCS and I was sure there will be a fight to come, no matter what Belore might say. Later that night the N0X camp seemed rather excited about the upcoming CCS. Ravens were sent out to everyone asking who would want to participate. HoF buffs were collected, resources transported from the bank to any who asked. We were ready to rumble.....

As expected this time we had a higher number of participants but unfortunately Queen Scythe wasn't present, timing the attacks would be pretty hard without someone calling out the bubble timer on the objective, but hopefully someone will rise to the cause and do the counting. This time the map seemed a lot more crowded than the last time. HBR, FDH, FuK, RRH seemed to be the main contenders alongside N0X. Scythe has managed to establish a NAP with HBR so that should be helpful right? Right?

The event opens in favour of N0X, with Chrystal taking the objective, but since she wasn't in the approved list of rally leads so we did not reinforce her. But she seemed to be having fun running around occupying the objective any chance she got.. And whenever the other alliances took the objective from her it would be the chance for our rally leads to move in for the kill.

RRH took the objective from Chrystal but Vergo was quick to take it back, and we all flew towards the objective to reinforce him. He held on to the objective against multiple solos and rallies, I thought he did pretty well. But eventually he lost the castle to FDH. Meanwhile there was a commotion in voice chat as the leadership had just received a raven from HBR accusing us of breaching the NAP.. They said we rallied them and broke the agreement while WOLVEN was holding the castle. Queen Scythe tried to solve the issue through back channels and Belore kept telling everyone not to attack HBR but about 13 minutes into the game WOLVEN rallied Vergo and took the objective putting an end to ay semblance of a NAP.

Belore II finally got his chance to have some time in the castle, rest of N0X flocking in after him to show their support as we often do. but with 12 rallies already up against him and more going up every second, he wouldn't be able to stay there for too long. FDH and HBR have some big rally leads like Altisio and WOLVEN who can truly make life very hard for Belore. But he sure did a number on Altisio's troops when he took the castle from FDH.

N0X reinforcers were pretty on point, sending waves of reinforcements every time the rallies hit, but everyone has a limit to how much troops they are willing to lose, and it takes a while to empty the hospitals, so we slacked on reinforcements eventually and Belore was sent back from the objective.

There was non stop action with rallies and solos flying from all over the place. Belore was rather unhappy with the number of troops he had lost so far, including T5s. But just like I had expected he could not deny the lure of a good ranking and in he went again with N0X rushing behind to support their Lord Commander. I was certainly glad I had no T5 troops at that moment. Just healing the t3s and t4s had almost emptied my inventory. Altisio took back the objective eventually and Belore said he would call it a day.

But then someone mentioned that they wanted to get rid of their bow troops, so Belore put up a few bow rallies so anyone who wanted to murder their own bowmen in exchange for bravery tokens could do so and have some fun doimg it too.

Belore's rallies got pretty smashed up in most of these rallies but a few of them did surprisingly well, like this one. To have such a close fight with Altisio is an achievement in itself.

Ultimately Belore got his wish, he did not win the title but still placed in top 3 ensuring he get those special badges. Owning to a higher attendance from N0X members, our losses were considerably lower. I lost about a ,million troops most of it being t3s. but despite the odds being stacked against us especially once the NAP with HBR was ruined, I thought we still did quite well. I was able to buy enough grey spear badges from the token shop top gold one of the Spearman War Badges. So, no regrets here! Hopefully I will have a lot more troops to sacrifice the next CCS. I am already looking forward to it!

Translate