GTarcade App

More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

Whale Wars CCS: Can't Stop, Won't Stop!

Wars & Stories in Westeros
Article Publish : 06/19/2023 11:10
Translate

It had been a pretty slow week, nothing of note happening save for the typical server drama. I was preparing myself for CCS making troops. Without even asking I knew we would be participating again as we are chasing the mythical battle diamonds. Really, I need more dust to upgrade my gear, but battle diamonds are harder to accumulate and yall know ya girl needs ALL the diamonds, after are they are a girls best friend. 😂

The King had reached out to a few friends to join in on the Shenanigans. This time we would fight under UnC. The billionaires started trickling in.

Once all of our friends had arrived and settled in, we started to scout the target.

We fight for Shadow Fortress today.

But our mission is a bit different then some we will face. We are not here to be champion; we just want to get our battle diamonds with as little loss as possible.

I had just gotten back most of the troops lost during last kvk, but was willing to sacrifice my little pixel army yet again for the greater good. Yes, me getting diamonds is for the greater good, gosh lol. Don't judge me, judge your mama lol.

I look around at those who have entered the battlefield early, scouting for familiar faces. I see FDH, LEG, HOH and know this will not be an easy CCS like the last time. Our billionaires begin to position themselves on the map as the timer edges ever closer to the bloodbath that lay ahead. This time we take a corner on the on the Southwest side of the fortress. Even though I know my castle can't be attacked by the rare whales trickling in for the battle, there is still unease at being unbubbled and vulnerable by people so strong, they can flick my castle into a whole other game, the same way one may flick a pesky mosquito. I can't let myself be distracted; it is almost time.

3, 2, 1....

The speed at which Shadow Fortress is changing hands is dizzying, you would think I would have gotten used to it by now, but no. The back and forth begins. The colors dancing across my screen are hypnotizing me into believing I am one of these billionaires I am running around with. I contemplate a solo attack to get a battle report then thought better of doing something so reckless. I am ok with losing troops but with All out War and KVK on the horizon I have to be smart.

Our rally leads are Vangark and Dyt. We will fill as needed, playing conservatively since there are usually the rarest of whales that have the dreaded T5s in their army. No need to play superhero, in the words of Biggie Smalls "treat it like boxing, stick and move, stick and move". We had our orders, now to find the right target. Vangark is the first to call the rally. We fill enthusiastically yet filled with that fear of the unknown that is before us. Will we win? Will I fill my hospital with the first rally? How bad will it be? Well I was about to find out.

We settled into a bit of a routine. Vang and Dyt lead all of the rallies and we would rush to fill over and over again like a twisted version of the movie Groundhog Day. We won a decent amount of the fights, and our troops made the ultimate sacrifice in our quest for these rare red diamonds. Both of our rally leads held the castle for brief moments, only to be knocked out before reinforcements could come. You only have like 10 seconds of protection when you take the fortress, which is not enough time for me to open the dang menu and send the troops lol. Yall know I am new, stop laughing lol.

We faced two strong opponents during our battles. Falconn and YTU IN. Each warrior from a different clan, their mission different than ours, they were here to win. We won some battles against Falconn.

Little ol' me managed a few elims

Then Falconn pulled the boss move we all feared...The whale called upon his mightiest soldiers and kicked our butts lol

Yes that one hurt 😂But don't cry for my troops, they were literally born for this moment lol.

We also ran into those darn T5s with YTU IN but there were not as many, and we won this battle.

The losses I took were manageable, I think. Love their profile pic by the way lol. Ignore the annoying banner that likes to cover up what you are trying to read. One day I know the old gods will see fit to move it to a more suitable location. (Hint, Hint, Nudge, Nudge).

Falconn ended up winning Shadow Fortress and reigning as Champion of CCS

As for me, I lost power and troops as is to be expected. My losses were greater than my last CCS, but less than my first. Got tons of battle and bravery tokens. That will help me get my badge game tight so one day I too may beech myself in one of these castles, flicking away the riff raff that try and come for me lol. But we got a long while before that so let's get back on track lol. I had a mini fan girl moment when DepravityXO took the castle briefly. I appreciate his videos; they are a great way to learn about the game. I did get some merit for my troubles, not enough but for a noob is it ever? There was a lot of battle and bravery tokens. I also managed score about 40 of those precious gems we were after.

In this CCS, I learned more about how important timing the marches can be. With the castles changing hands so quickly, and a 10 sec protection timer each new possession, timing is the difference between a wasted attack and a win. Each CCS seems to bring a different valuable lesson on how to play this game. Most importantly, I got to have fun doing dumb stuff with my GOTWIC family. Cheesy as it sounds, that is really the best part. Till next time yall. Got to go find some new shenanigans to keep yall entertained lol.

Translate