GTarcade App

More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

Tales from a no death KVK Part 2

Wars & Stories in Westeros
Article Publish : 09/16/2024 02:02
Translate

After what seemed like minutes but was really a couple hours, I woke up and went into game to see what had happened while we slept. I was the first of us awake. The first thing I saw was the enemy had pulled away in points. The second thing I noticed was they owned most of the castles on both of our servers. We had all lost a lot of troops in the first wave of battles. We had won on reports, but it was evident we neglected to keep up on points. I had thought the ruling alliance would be more active while we slept as they usually are.. We were so confident when we laid down to sleep. That confidence clouded my judgement. I figured we were winning fights so we should get an easy win. The Hounds Puppies were playing chess while I was still studying the checkers board lol.

Alone, without support from the homies, I tried to think about what my next move should be. I tried to calculate if Victory would even be possible at this point? The math was not in our favor.

Knowing they were in the castles I scouted the enemy Kings Landing. I saw Log1c was holding it and reinforced with a few of his friends. There were an awful lot of T5’s in there. I could try and solo them out. If successful I could just chill in the enemy Kings Landing until my friends got up and back in game. Generating us points, while stopping them from gaining as many as they were. As a stop gap measure, I deduced, it is probably the best chance we have. Even then it still may not be enough. Their lead was so huge. It was time to stop thinking and just do it. I took my army size buff and YOLO!

Talk about damaging one’s ego lol. Not only did I not remove them from the castle, I lost my dang lord lol. I sent poison to Latz, and hopped around until my fervor had died so I could bubble and wait patiently for my friends. Probably what I should have done from the beginning but being a no death kvk I am more open to attempting things that I wouldn’t do if stakes were higher. My lord was alive and back home by the time my friends showed up.  The enemy also left the castles at the same time. To be fair, they really didn’t have to do anything else. This KVK was their Victory. M1lf had begun to work himself in a frenzy. I don’t think he was ready to understand that this KVK is lost. He just wanted to smash people lol.

Log1c on the enemy server and I had been chatting in the world chat. He agreed to help me test out my alt. I have made a bunch of improvements on her and while she is not where I want her to be, she is a lot closer than she was. I mean we may have lost this KVK, but it was no death, and we had good friendly banter with the inhabitants of K13, so it didn’t have to be a total loss. I cherish these times to test both my offense and defense. To see what my limits are and identify areas to improve my character further. We started bringing the accounts near their hive on their server.

Her first hit was a loss.

I was pleased she didn’t lose her lord. I knew she didn’t have enough troops yet. She can’t even fill her wall lol. Log1c pointed out I had Zhea on the wall lol (Hi my name is ch1 and I am a bow noob lol). I made the needed adjustment. Log1c brought over another account and hit Sh0t0, my alts spouse (also agreed upon) and I waited impatiently for the next hit.

This next hit was better. Still didn’t lose her lord or win on the report. But I was able to see her progress and potential.

M1lf having gone full bezerker, did not realize what was happening and ported over. Seeing our accounts being attacked, put him in full on attack mode. He began to rally the enemy. Stop I cried out in alliance chat, he is helping us. M1lf was too far gone in his blood lust. The AtHeNa account showed up prepared to take on M1lf. M1lf rallied, I barely had any troops to join, but I sent in a handful with my dragon. This battle of the Titans did not end well for M1lf. His rally lost.

The interruption of our friendly fights had annoyed those on the enemy server, so at that moment things began to get painfully boring

I saw an upbubbled account, Sir Knight and well, YOLO

LOL lost my lord again. I updated the coords of Sir Knight in alliance chat, as he began to hop around the map trying to avoid the inevitable rally. As I lay there in fervor and Unbubbled, Timmy came, a cav account ready to zero my account. I thought about my options. I can tank a hit, it will be fine, or I can random port out of danger. I chose to take the hit.

Just as I thought, the hit was a loss for me, but it got rid of my excess troops leaving my inf and allowing my Tier one troops to enter the battle. The next Hit came soon after, even better than I had thought. Yes, I lost on the report, but I held up pretty well tanking two solos from my counter without my lord.

KVK was finally over, we had indeed lost by a lot. I didn’t feel the sting of a loss tho. I made new friends. I got to test both my alt and my main accounts. Most importantly I got to do some dumb stuff with my friends. Lol. Having a good time is the most important part of the game, and it is easy to lose sight of considering how competitive many aspects are. As I was reflecting on all that had happened, the good and the bad, NFI Leadership made an announcement…. “NFI will be merging with WTF. This decision has been a hard one, and unfortunately not everyone will be able to join. Stay Tuned, leadership will be speaking to each of you individually.” I rushed to message my new friend Log1c, as they are normally in WTF. “Did you hear?” I asked excitedly. “I just heard; I made the cut for the merged alliance.” They replied. I hadn’t heard my status yet. I tried not to get my hopes up. In many ways I still feel like a hoffit. I may have to find a new home at the end of the day… 

Translate