More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

Siege of Winterfell - Play off - Round 1 - DUM vs HOH

Wars & Stories in Westeros Siege of Winterfell
Article Publish : 07/05/2024 20:07
Translate

Hello Lords and Ladies!

After a regular season, The new Siege Of Winterfell play off season is upon us.

It is very obvious, that this competition is less popular among the teams, than AC, that not every alliance takes it seriously – personally think it just doesn’t have that real fighting vibe – even tho’ not everyone likes it, the rewards are worth to fighting for, just to mention one: You only have to play/suffer/survive a few seasons and you get a very fancy castle skin for free and SP medals! 😏

DUM was very positive about the start of the SoW play off, i remind that they were 10th after the regular season, so we were looking forward to test ourselves in a different battleground. Well...our jolly good mood didn’t last long – just until the first battle was decided...In the first round we had to face HOH! This can drop your motivation to play SOW, right away. 😂It is know, that HOH is one of the few alliances for whom SoW is no joke. HOH is the alliance, that no need much introduction: they are strong, organised and always want to win. We knew, this match would be super hard for us – not for the win – just to keep up with them. 

(Personal side of this match – I always looking forward to play against HOH in any competition, the reason for this is LexxA and Neik – my long time good friends with whom we are really enjoying fighting against each other – hopefully this will happen this match too, I will be looking for they everywhere – before you think it is a childish thing to do – nope it is just fun. As you can see below I took the joke seriously, showing my total commitment to this match!) 🙃

Let me present the fate of this match as a member of DUM, let's go and dive into the story of this battle!!!

Everything was ready to kick off this season, the teams are represented themselves with high numbers, 56 form DUM and 70 from HOH. That confirms what I said earlier, they are not kidding. We were debating our tactic just before the start: Shall we move in one big group? Shall we divide our forces? Eventually we have decided we would move in separate groups – it didn’t matter really, we would get overrun either way…

When the match started both teams were on their way to the buildings on both sides of the map. The first two target to occupy for the buffs are the Armory and Hot Springs.  

As expected, HOH has cleverly exploited its superiority in numbers/strength, they sent massive groups to both buildings. The vicious fight has begun everywhere, at the Hot Springs DUM had a real trouble to keep up with HOH forces on the other side at the Armoury the situation was pretty much the same. For some time, we were able to hold our ground, but eventually we were totally overwhelmed by HOH’s incredible force.  

This time after start match of fighting the first resource bag was about to drop at Winterfell. HOH team sent big amount of armies to Wintefell to secure the package. We had to fight trough even to get close to WF and tryto pick up the bag. There’s always a crazy chaos when the bag is available – usually you pick it up when you don’t want it and can’t get it when you want it.

After a few seconds, it became obvious that DUM can’t stand a chance against HOH’s forces for this resource bag, we simple didn’t have enough members and strength to stop them. They delivered the first package to Base 1.  

The game continued to the same way as it started...wherever we did go we bumped a massive HOH forces, seemed like they were everywhere. We tried once more to lay our hands on the next package, but again we came up short, after we were holding them off for 2-3 minutes, at the end, our forces were crumbled and we had to accept, that HOH delivered another bag. They were not only focusing on the package, they also kept under control almost every buildings, meaning that they earned lots of extra, passive points, increasing the gap even more.  

DUM made a last attempt to grab and deliver the resource pack. So far, this was our best try, we managed to reach the bridge on the way to Base 4!!! 😅

Then HOH turned us around, and took away the bag...and we decided it’s time to give this up, before we are going to exhaust our speeds and heals. With the troops what we have left we were only aiming for getting passive points for the rest of the match. We knew we couldn’t win, but at least we can close the gap. And we definitely tried to avoid HOH “base camping” at our door – that’s just way too humiliating!!!

It didn’t matter that our army size were 500k or less, we kept fighting at the bases, obviously we got totally destroyed and didn’t really achieved the goal to getting closer to HOH, but we tied our best!

The last 20 minutes were quite a surprise, seeing that the match was won and in order to play fair, HOH decided to give the remaining packages and buildings to DUM, which was a very nice gesture, it showed that despite the rivalry HOH thinks about their opponent. This way DUM could gain points and reduce the gap to HOH.

It comes no surprise, that HOH won this battle, pretty easily, although we got more than 50k points – not too many alliance were able to reach that score against them in the past seasons...so all in all it was not too bad. Congrats to HOH, they were as lethal as we expected and good luck to everyone whoever gets them in the next round! 😝

MVP

The best fighter of the match was:

Neik for HOH, who, besides relentlessly attacking their rivals, was the one who extinguished DUM in their starting base. He scored the highest points in the match!

Well....My dears, thank you for the opportunity to present the fate of this match, although ultimately..... it will be repeated for some organizational reasons, it does not change the fact that this match took place, and the fate of the replay may be different, whether DUM will manage to stand up to HOH and win, maybe it will be like in the previous match, we will see soon, for now thank you once again for your attention, stay safe, follow my next stories and see you soon. 😊

Translate