GTarcade App

More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

A Friend in Need....

Wars & Stories in Westeros Wars & Stories in Westeros
Article Publish : 04/14/2024 09:12
Translate

A hot summer day and a warrior sitting by himself in a tavern with a full flask of Arbor Gold, in peace and quiet with a sword sitting next to him. Anyone could tell that it could be none other than Lord Pratap, who was equally mighty with the wine, as he was with his sword. Sometimes he was fighting for his Queen, "Queeny" and sometimes finishing off the wars which his friends started. He sat there quietly, trying to recollect when was the last time he fought for himself when suddenly the door opened and a familiar face entered.

“Please tell me you are not here with some nonsense war news?” Pratap got restless just by looking at Log1c's squire approaching him.

“Greetings my Lord! Once again, you’ve guessed it right. How do you always do that?” The squire couldn’t believe it.

“It’s not really about you. I mean, if Log1c sends a message, it’s never a soothing one!” Pratap replied while finishing up his drink and picking up his sword.

“It’s ‘mfa’ my Lord. They have declared war on us and things were pretty much under control until now but it looks like there are some warriors out there who are a bit harder to beat so your friend requires some support from you!” Squire expressed the concern and looked pretty shaken.

“What about the GCs? Are they still under our control or have you guys managed to lose all of them as well?” Pratap couldn’t help but enjoy his moment.

“My Lord, no offense but Lord Log1c is a better strategist than you. So of course all the GCs are under our control and protection but….” Squire was suddenly interrupted by Pratap as he was trying to finish his sentence.

“...Hold on a second! So Log1c is a better strategist, huh? Then I guess you must be mistaken to come here for help. You know the golden rule, don’t you? You might be his squire but you always, and I can’t emphasize enough on ‘always’, but yeah, always side with me, appreciate me and we make fun of him. Isn’t it?” Pratap’s tone was rather confusing for most but the squire knew him too well and so he couldn’t control his smile.

“Yes, my Lord. You are of course a better warrior! More brave, courageous and mighty in any and every sense!” Squire knew how to get things done but ended up exaggerating a bit too much on this occasion.

“Alright alright! Look at this now, while we were doing this nonsense conversation, we’ve actually reached our destination. Where can I find Log1c? Is he hiding under the bed?” Pratap couldn’t control his habit of joking around even on the battlefield.

“Log1c and all the other Lords and Ladies are in the Great Hall. You can head in that direction while I try to fetch you all some latest news and scout my Lord.” Squire rushed away quickly and Pratap too fell left for the Great Hall. He now finally had that firm and aggressive look on his face, the one which no enemy would want to see, ever!

Lady SFy, Log1c and many other lords and ladies were gathered in the great hall, involved in some serious discussion and analysis. Under Log1c’s leadership so far, ‘Wxd’ had managed to take the lead and they still had the upper hand but “Jack Bauerr” had arrived with a bunch of warriors and the biggest challenge was, they commanded bowmen soldiers only! Now this made things a lot more challenging for the entire Wxd as none of their bannermen commanded a large enough army to strike through all these bowmen.

“Pratap, good to see you! Without wasting any time, command your army to attack Jack Bauerr as soon as possible. All you need to know is that his entire army comprises only Bowmen! He’s camping close to Winterfell and some of his fellow warriors are there with him” As soon as Log1c saw Pratap, Log1c heaved a sigh of relief but he didn’t wish to waste even a minute and lose the advantage.

“Alright! So we start with Jack I suppose and then target all the remaining ones one by one as well. By the way, where are all your bannermen? I do not see Scooberman or Mandy, all good?” Pratap needed no other information for the fight but was shocked to see all major warriors missing.

“I wouldn’t have had to bother you if I wouldn't have been on my own here! All lords and ladies are doing their best but we’re missing some firepower this time. Now, enough with the chit-chat, go kill the enemy for me brother!” Log1c’s focus was set and it wasn’t easy to distract him.

Jack Bauerr had the advantage of bowmen and Wxd knew that long before their soldiers would be able to engage, enemy bowmen would start dealing damage and that meant, the enemy had a huge advantage.

“I am going to launch an assault with all cavalry soldiers. That way we’d be fastest and their bowmen won’t be able to deal too much damage to us.” Pratap conveyed the strategy and within a few minutes, the battlefield was ready. Nervousness was quite evident on everyone’s face, especially Lady SFy. Pratap was already off to attack and the situation was critical because the outcome of this fight could, and probably would determine the final outcome of the war. Apart from his sword, Pratap was carrying the burden of not just this battle’s, but the entire war’s outcome.

“I knew it! He might not be the brightest guy but damn he knows how to fight and slay the enemy!” Log1c got super excited as soon as Pratap emerged victorious and hoisted the Wxd banner over the Winterfell region once again! Lady SFy was still pretty much in shock but she too was super happy and happily surprised to see Pratap win so comprehensively. The moment of nervousness had passed, or was it too soon to think so? Meanwhile, Pratap made Jack flee the battlefield with another deadly blow.

This defeat shocked all the mfa warriors too and all of a sudden, there was nothing but chaos and stampede in mfa camp. But as Pratap conveyed earlier, he went after the other mfa warriors really quickly although some of them managed to get away but “Lord Cullen” couldn’t.

As if the rally wasn’t enough, Pratap knew that he can’t afford to do one more rally or else Cullen might manage to evade so instead, he decided to solo him on his own. The outcome once again, wasn’t any different as Cullen’s entire army got annihilated at the hands of Pratap.

Pratap also managed to target but “sdkfoew12” even before he could launch the rally, sdkfoew12 managed to flee the battlefield and hence survived.  The threat was gone and everyone cheered and laughed and for the next few hours, it seemed that the war would be won easily. But who could’ve thought that not just this escaped enemy would return, but also wreck havoc.

Sdkfoew12 returned and not just that, he managed to imprison “LordofMordor”. Log1c was away for some time and Pratap too wasn’t vigilant and to everyone’s surprise, despite losing his Lord, Mordor decided to rally Sdkfoew12 on his own and of course as expected, it was a big disaster.

Now once again, there was a moment of supreme tension. mfa took over the control once again and Log1c and Pratap were not around. Mordor was already imprisoned and all the other big guns were also missing.

“Someone please go and look around for Pratap or Log1c. We need them here quickly. What are we gonna do now? Pratap managed to kill Cullen and Jack but sdkfoew12 is definitely a lot stronger but also pretty smart. Last time he managed to get away and what if even Lord Pratap can’t beat him?” Lady SFy was too tense, a bit too much, one could safely say. 

“Calm down my beautiful Lady! Just have a look at the entire map and you’d notice that we have a good enough lead as of now but yes, if no one deals with this threat, then mfa would be able to gain advantage.” Lord 1MT tried to console Lady SFy but he too wasn’t sounding very convincing. His tone lacked conviction and just as he was trying to act confident, a thick drop of sweat rolled down his forehead. Sdkfoew12 had already laid waste to all of 1MT’s army and he knew how difficult the situation was.

“Alright! What has happened now? Please don’t tell me it’s that sdkfoew12 guy!” Pratap was back and seemed very restless and he was aware that sdkfoew12 won’t have a fair fight anyways and would just try to run away or hide.

“It’s the same bunch of warriors, Pratap! And another issue is that we cannot try to rally all of them one by one because it would take a lot more time and some of them would definitely get away!” 1MT filled in Pratap about the current scenario.

“Yeah you’re absolutely right. I am gonna go all crazy on all of them I guess. Anyhow, we don’t have much time or options and remember, if I lose, do not bother about it.” Pratap knew the seriousness of the situation and hence while he conveyed his final approach and strategy, he grabbed his gear and sword and marched towards the stable. He had no choice. If they wanted to turn the tide of the war, Pratap had to somehow make these mfa guys disappear, one way or the other!

“The moment this sdkfoew12 guy got away, I had this feeling that he’d make things tough for us. Log1c isn’t around but I know he trusts you and even though I had my reservations earlier about your valor, I do trust you completely now. So go out there and give them hell!” Lady SFy didn’t know Pratap much but as the legends say, tough times make or break relationships and this seemed like the beginning of a new friendship, built on complete trust.

Pratap was tired and a bit worn out but he drove at his best speed because he knew the importance of this battle. Once again, they were on the verge of losing the war and that would wash out all the hard work which everyone had put in. As the swords clashed once again, there it was - the moment of wrath and ferociousness. 

One after another, every enemy warrior fell at Pratap’s swinging blade.

And finally, the war was won! Sdkfoew12 once again fled the battlefield but Pratap managed to kill all his fellow warriors which ensured that sdkfoew12 had no one else to support him and also, there was not much time left for him to strategize and execute another attack. And on top of it all, Pratap was extremely vigilant and Log1c too had returned.

Wxd managed to win the war pretty easily in the end but there came a few moments which gave everyone chills. On many occasions the things seemed out of control but well, “All's Well That Ends Well”

“Thanks for all the help. Couldn’t have done it without you man!” Log1c thanked Pratap as he was preparing to leave. 

“Well, what can I say! I am one of a kind warrior but if my friends need me, I am always there, it doesn't matter if we win or lose!” Pratap responded as he mounted his horse and quietly marched away.

“He’s a gem, isn’t he?” Lady SFy couldn’t help but admire Pratap as she was impressed not just by his warrior skills but also his charismatic behavior!

“Who? Him? He’s a total noob. Don’t just jump to conclusions, lady! I have known him for years and trust me, he’s completely crazy and others can definitely testify!” Log1c replied as he was shocked by SFy admiration and he and everyone else just burst into a big laughter and well, it was nothing but true, Pratap was, is, and will always be a crazy guy!!!

#RememberTheName

Translate