GTarcade App

More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

Battle for Longreach castle !

Wars & Stories in Westeros Wars & Stories in Westeros
Article Publish : 04/28/2024 08:32
Translate

It has been a while since I took part in a CCS, mostly because the hours just don't suit me at all. This time too none of the kingdoms BDR were fighting on matched up with K8 and I missed out on CCS once again. And since Tholking wasn't around so jumping to BDR's home kingdom wouldn't have helped much either. I

But nothing was stopping me from looking in on K385 and N0X. Belore hasn't been crowned the CCS champ for a while, I wondered if this would be his time to go for the crown again.

A look at the map showed me that Belore and N0X were facing tough competition. there were some big name alliances crowding the map. 1HR may not be the best of the best anymore, but they still had a few scary accounts.

There were also DUM, another scary alliance especially because of Dumdettie also known as STRAW BERRY. This was not the first time N0X has been facing DUM during CCS, DUM had come out on top in many of those instances all thanks to this one player.

Aside from DUM and 1HR there were also a few accounts from LEG and HOH jostling for space in the already crowded map. Belore had his work cut out for him. This would not be easy at all. Even with a big chunk of N0X fillers to support him.

After looking around for a bit my eyes settled on our side of the map and my hopes rose quite a bit. N0X had a large presence on the map, over time the alliance as a whole had become more and more interested in CCS and it showed. There were also a few well known names like Mini Yagami and Ice Bear wearing N0X tags this CCS. With their addition the N0X side had a fairly good chance of taking the title. Though whether the crown would go on Belore's head was in question. Knowing him, he probably didn't care as long as N0X could reap the benefits of the CCS titles.

The action was intense from the get go as is often the case with CCS, With every alliance on the map trying to carve their name on to the longreach castle, the king of the style gameplay of the new and improved version of CCS is what makes it so much fun.

N0X seemed to be doing alright this time but to my chagrin it was not Belore who was in the lead but ice bear and mini Yagami taking the limelight in this fight. In fact it became quite clear to me that the plan was to help Ice Bear and mini Yagami to take the top spots with maybe Belore at number 2 or 3 if it could be arranged.

Agreements such as this are very common during CCS. More and more people now attempt to get the top prizes without actually taking the title and very possibly this would be the case here as well. That means Belore could still wear the crown if only he made it to top 3 in occupation time.

Admittedly ice bear and mini Yagami were doing a great job of defending the Longreach Castle and keeping th eother contenders out, of which there were many.

Judging by the reports both of these players are insanely strong and could challenge almost anyone on the map with a little help from fillers, and they did have lots of support thanks to the enthusiastic fillers from N0X.

But the N0X dominance wasn't quite as uncontested as one would hope for. Belore hadn't had much luck keeping a hold of the castle and though between mini Yagami and ice bear the castle stayed more or less under N0X control, Dumdettie kept accruing occupation time in fits and starts. He is strong enough that with a few initial fillers to back him up, he is almost impossible to kick with solos and by the time rallies are up he would have millions of reinforcements.

As for Belore he was leaving his mark on the battlefield too. Despite not being able to consistently occupy the castle and keep hold of it, he had some pretty great fights.

It always feels great for any spear main to hand a decisive defeat to any enemy wielding infantry. As such I am personally intensely proud of this hit. When Belore's pure spears murdered Hashine's Infantry, it was cathartic.

Next up Gwe from DUM tried his spears against Belore's while Belore had a hold of Longreach castle and a few reinforcements to boot. I admire the confidence that fueled Gwe's solo attack on Belore but the risk did not pay off, at least he would have earned quite a big chunk of bravery tokens from that one hit.

Another infantry player going up against Belore's spears and tasting victory, watching that happen never gets old. Unless Vidoq was just throwing away troops for the sake of bravery tokens, soloing Longreach castle wdefended by more than 4 million troops isn't a good idea especially with that very strange formation!

This was probably the best report Belore had this whole CCS!. Alatunn is a very strong player which is evident from his top tier female lineup. However, the female comp loses a lot of power when more than one troop type is used. For some strange reason he had 3 troop types defending the castle, making it way too easy for Belore's spears to wipe them all out!

In the end it was Dumdettie who took the crown this CCS because ice bear joined KAC just a few seconds before the event ended. Since KAC already had a CCS champion, the title passed to Dumdettie the player in second position. Belore only had 2 and half minutes of occupation time to his name but going by the fact that ice bear only had 10.49 minutes of occupation time to his name, it is easy to see just how intense the event was. Well better luck next time, and maybe next time I will be able to participate as well!

Translate