
Dear friends, it’s time for this week’s battle report. Do you remember how last month’s War of the Kingdoms was cancelled on the eve of the event due to the Night King’s invasion? Two months on, we’ve finally reached this eagerly anticipated, thrilling event; This instalment of War of the Kingdoms follows hot on the heels of Alliance Conquest, meaning the Alliance member list has been locked. Amai is unable to join forces with his alts and friends on K479, which is bound to impose some limitations on his tactical options. So, let’s get started with this week’s report!
As the saying goes: ‘A boneheaded teammate can do you more harm than the most formidable opponent.’
This is particularly true in the War of the Kingdoms event. To win in such a fiercely competitive contest, no matter how hard you try, victory becomes extremely difficult if your fellow kingdom members make foolish mistakes.
A Hunter’s Instinct
This time, K479 came up against K289. Surrounding K289’s royal domain lies an alliance known as CSE; it would appear they are the driving force behind this kingdom. However, during the preparation phase, Amai noticed something unusual: around the tree line, there were several castles that appeared to be of considerable size, yet were completely devoid of shields and not in a state of combat. Could this be a trap set by CSE? Or are they on some mysterious mission? However, in my experience, when a seemingly peaceful alliance like CSE finds itself in this situation during a Kingdom Battle, it usually means they have only recently suffered an attack by a powerful invader—or, indeed, that those hunters are lurking in the shadows of the kingdom! You ask how I’ve come to such a conclusion? Well, it’s simply because I’m doing exactly the same thing in K479—lying in wait in the corners of the kingdom, biding my time!
A Formidable Foe has Emerged
My intelligence-gathering skills have come in very handy here. Firstly, I noticed on the merit leaderboard that there is a player in K289, named EBenezER, who belongs to the PLQ alliance. Even though EBenezER is kitted out in ‘Rebel Leader Expedition’ gear, I wouldn’t dare underestimate anyone who’s made it onto the historical merit rankings. On top of that, I tried once more to search the kingdom’s hidden corners to see if any other PLQ players were lying in wait. Perhaps it was down to my instincts and habits as a fellow hunter, or partly thanks to my exceptionally good luck, but very soon, I spotted irysman, clad in cavalry armour, on another secluded island. With these two formidable foes closing in, I’d have to be extremely cautious now.

Daenerys, clad in her full set of gleaming cavalry armour, is by far the opponent I loathe facing the most – she’s my arch-nemesis!
I’m not sure if it was because the recently concluded 24th Season of the AC tournament had drained everyone’s energy, but in the hours leading up to the start of the match, everyone from both kingdoms was relatively calm. DRAGONS 666, King of K479, fearing a surprise attack on his castle as had happened before, deployed his second line whilst capturing the Iron Throne. To be honest, those troops were practically like delicious cupcakes. Fortunately, the PLQ players didn’t seem to have woken up yet, so I simply let them carry on earning occupation points in King’s Landing. Meanwhile, a CSE cavalry player named Lord Sirka was doing exactly the same as LMS. His Lord, Leila, had not accompanied the troops into King’s Landing. I’d just let DRAGONS 666 off because he was scoring points for our kingdom, but I saw no need to be polite to Sirka—Even though his cavalry could counter my infantry, without a Lord, their effectiveness was on a completely different level!

To dare to station troops in King’s Landing without the Lord at their head is a most reckless and foolish act.
The Inevitable ‘Stab in the Back’ That Prevents Fatal Mistakes
After stepping away for a while, I returned to find that members of PLQ had already begun changing their equipment and making their moves, whilst in K479’s King’s Landing, the force which guard the Iron Throne had been replaced at some point; DRAGONS 666 appeared to be offline, with lord macphi of the LMS Alliance taking over. However, everything Lord Macphi did was nothing short of a tragedy: on the one hand, he single-handedly deployed his main force—along with his frontline units—within King’s Landing, yet this force was already far below the standard level in terms of both size and strength; even more tragically, Lord Macphi has positioned his main castle right next to King’s Landing; any member of PLQ who spots him could overrun the castle in an instant, and Lord Macphi hasn’t even activated anti-scout curfew...

Lord Macphi’s forces are merely average; any PLQ player could rout them.


Just look at EBenezER’s impressive line-up—even I wouldn’t dare take on his spearmen.
Earlier on, whilst DRAGONS 666’s approach wasn’t ideal, I was able to accept it as there were no obvious risks at the time; however, now that PLQ has become active, Lord Macphi’s tactics will cause the lead built up by others to collapse in an instant. Although I don’t really care that much about winning or losing, even if I were to lose, I shouldn’t lose because of such a basic mistake! I didn’t think twice; I immediately sent my forces to Lord Macphi’s castle. Sure enough, it took just a single attack to instantly wipe out Lord Macphi’s 250 million power.

Just think how many points we’d lose if a member of PLQ caught Lord Macphi—I’ll have to step in and make him back down.
I didn’t get carried away by this, but members of the LMS Alliance came to me in a rage, questioning why I would choose to betray them in a confrontation between kingdoms. I was utterly exhausted and exasperated at having to explain this at all. I had to explain to them, as if I were speaking to novices, that since I was able to locate Lord Macphi in King’s Landing, scout out the vulnerabilities of his main city, and breach its defences in a single strike, the PLQ could certainly do the same; the difference is that if I carried it out, K479 would not lose any points, but if a PLQ member were to launch the attack, they would gain a substantial number of points. After this raid, I was simply too exhausted to carry on, so I chose to step away from the keyboard to enjoy the last of my weekend’s leisure. Up until that point, K479 still held a sizeable lead; as long as the rest of the K479 team didn’t make any more outrageous mistakes, victory was within our grasp.
Disaster-level Teammates
It seems I was, after all, far too optimistic. As the War of the Kingdoms event drew to a close, I returned to my computer screen only to find that the points standings had completely turned on their head! Where on earth did irysman and EBenezER manage to rack up so many kill points? Don’t the LMS players usually guard their shields extremely tightly? I was left speechless; I didn’t know how to react.

These were our kill points just before I left; at the time, we still had a sizeable lead!

I never expected that, in the space of just a few hours, the LMS Alliance would act as if they were deliberately feeding the PLQ members, allowing them to rack up a huge number of points by eliminating opponents. I’m completely speechless, especially as I’d specifically warned their members not to do anything stupid.
Now you understand why I mentioned the saying: ‘A boneheaded teammate can do you more harm than the most formidable opponent.!’

Looking at the final result, we only lost by the narrowest of margins; if it hadn’t been for those points that were inexplicably lost, the outcome would have been completely different.
How did you get on in this round of War of the Kingdoms? Have you ever come across such disastrous teammates during the event? Come and have a chat with us!



