More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

Ultimate Conquest - S19 - Round 1 - DUM vs KUM

Wars & Stories in Westeros Wars & Stories in Westeros
Article Publish : 09/06/2024 23:28
Translate
Edited by vlodek at 09/06/2024 23:44

In this much-anticipated event called Ultimate Conquest, two alliances meet on the battlefield, each one representing one family (Lannister or Targaryen) fighting for control of the buildings, the main one being Casterly Rock, a magnificent castle, it is the ancestral stronghold of House Lannister, located on the western coast of Westeros on a rocky cliff with a view to the Sunset Sea, from It you can see the major city of Lannisport. There is a major goldmine located under Casterly Rock. It is one of the most productive mines in the realm and provides House Lannister with their wealth, and believe me when I say they have a lot of wealth. After the regular season of Alliance Conquest had ended, 16 teams made it to the Ultimate Conquest tournament, DUM did not have an easy road like usual. there was a small fear among our people that we might not make it to UC, which was unacceptable, we knew we had to go all in to make sure we would make it to the last 16 teams, and after a tough battle against WxC in the last match of the regular season we made it. All the matches were set, and teams were getting ready, anxious to face their enemy and fight for the win. For our 1st match, we got an easy one to start with, we will be facing KUM. After the match we had with WxC, we could use this break … no?

KUM

We were all getting ready, putting on our war gear, making all the preparations necessary for battle, and taking our place on the map. We each have a designated spot, given to us in advance by our leadership. I guess KUM wasn't planning on fighting much tonight, and if you are wondering why I said that, a look at their side of the map will tell you. They brought 61 fighters 😳(out of 70, the new limit, remember?), now I know what you think, because DUM is a much stronger alliance they have decided not to take this battle seriously, and tho I can understand that, they can for the very least show up for the match, win or lose. After all, aren't we all here to have fun and have a good fight? So, Black Demon was giving last orders, and the vibe around the camp was good, we don't know how this season will end, but we always show up for battle and we do the best we can. 

Well, guys, it looks like our foes aren't really into this match, they didn't show up with a full team. Yes, I know you are all disappointed and that you wanted a good fight. But we are here and we will use this match to improve on some issues we had in our previous matches and practice more so we can do better when it actually matters. I want to thank you in advance for showing up for this battle, and I want you to know how much we appreciate all your efforts in the regular season, you guys did amazing!!

Black Demon, our leader finished his speech and everyone cheered and clapped, we were moved by his words, it is nice to be appreciated. It was almost time for battle, racers were ready, slow marchers as well and fillers were ready to fill the castle as soon as the order will be given.

Ok, everything is ready and everyone is anxious to get started!! It is time for battle!!!

The timer counted back and it was time to battle, troops raced to the 4 buildings that opened – Temple of the Mother, Tower of the Warrior, Lannister Outpost, and Targaryen Outpost. DUM racers were first to all the buildings (not sure KUM were even racing… hmmm). We made swaps on all 4 of the buildings and sent reinforcements in. A match like this one is the perfect opportunity to practice and improve on that when it's less stressful and mistakes aren't crucial and very much fixable. We finished all 4 swaps and sent troops in to reinforce, now we are waiting for the ports to open up.

Ports, important buildings to hold opened and racers from both sides raced each other to take first capture (gives initial points, 800 for each port). Our racers were faster (and pretty much racing against themselves…lol) and we got both ports, we were ready for a swap on both of them. In case you don't remember, a swap is a tactic used in the match to place a much stronger fighter in the building. It is usually a rally leader, they are strong, have high stats, and stand a better chance to defend against attacks (it goes without saying that they need reinforcements yes?). We made a swap on our port and out of nowhere KUM sneaked in and took it from us.  

"yay, finally something to attack ", NK (NIGHTKING)said and we all laughed, we were glad we had something fun to do, matches like that are boring and when we get a chance for some fun, we take it. So, we waited for the bubble to drop (you can't attack that) and as soon as it did, we launched a few solo attacks, fighters were eager for some blood, imagine their disappointment to see the castle has disbanded from its troops, meaning there is no one to attack there. The look on their faces said it all, most went back to base and , miyako kujyo took it. We weren't surprised by what they did, sometimes it's common practice when you face a much stronger alliance than yours, to save both troops and resources needed to heal the wounded. 

Ten minutes Have passed since this battle began. It was one of those matches where time goes by as slowly as an 80-year sloth…. It was time for CR, one of the largest buildings in this match, Racers get ready…. GO! And as expected our racers were first and we captured CR. Black Demon made sure we had someone slow marching and that we were all ready to speed up as soon as Gwe arrived, and the swap was done very well, Gwe was in with enough reinforcements. The entire map was blue (well, the buildings that were open anyway), this was expected and should come as no surprise to anyone. We have the Strongholds to take still and the mines, which open last. All that was left was to pass the time until the mines opened up and also the bubbles on the hive would drop so our fighters could go and attack and maybe get some elimination points, even tho I'm quite sure they would make hiding rallies( 8h rallies to hide troops). And if you are wondering if that is what they did, well the answer is yes, they did. 

Mines, the last building to open, holds 14k points each, there are two of them, one on each side of the map. These buildings have been known to make or break matches, I mean they literally determined who the winner will be, so taking hold of them (sometimes one of them is enough). We were in the lead by a huge margin so they won't matter much, but we still wanted to race and take them. we had no issues here as well, in fact, we were racing alone to both mines, and there were no lines from KUM at all. They were already hiding troops before the mines opened, and with the gap in points at this stage, I guess there was no point in trying.

MVP

The best fighter of the match were:

MASAO for KUM, whose solo duels at enemy bases propelled him to the top of the final scoreboard for individual score obtained, but it wasn't enough for his alliance to achieve a favorable result today, a small consolation.

NIGHTQUEEN for DUM, whose defenses in the port thwarted the enemy rallies, causing so many casualties that she didn't need to do anything else to emerge as the top scorer for his alliance.

"An excellent first round, simple and quick. We couldn't have asked for a better start to the long journey of Ultimate Conquest. Our opponents were considered underdogs on paper, and we demonstrated on the field the reason why!" were Black Demon's words before departing from the battlefield.

The 1st match of season 19 of UC has ended, with DUM winning as expected. Matches like this are on the one hand easy to win and that's nice, but on the other hand, are so boring and are no fun at all, and we are all here to have fun at the end of it, no? we all went back to base, happy but bored as hell, we have more matches to go in this season, so we will prepare ourselves and come ready to fight as always!! Last season we finished out of the top 3, which is what we are always aiming for. I do wonder how well we will do this season and what rank we will finish this time. Guess we will have to wait and see… won't we?

Thank you for reading this story, please follow the next ones, stay safe and see you soon! 😜

Translate