GTarcade App

More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

Siege Of Winterfell Season 13 Round 3 - HOH vs SKR

Wars & Stories in Westeros Siege of Winterfell
Article Publish : 07/07/2024 04:37
Translate

The 13th season of Siege Of Winterfell continues with another round, where HOH faces another opponent. After the success of the first round, we failed badly against BaN in the second round, but here was another chance to do better. All we had to do was beat today’s opponent: SKR.

For me, or rather for us, SKR was a completely unknown alliance. We had never encountered them in any competition before, we had no information about them, we could only go by what we saw after a little research... based on the power balance we could conclude that there were many “troop whales” in the opposing team.  

From this we deduced that this would be the same battle as our previous one, but in reverse. We will be the “big big bad wolf” alliance and SKR will be the encircled party. Unless they have some kind of surprise in store for us and all our assumptions were wrong. In any case, we tried to be prepared for every eventuality and we had to win in order to stay in the race for the Play Offs. We were confident in ourselves and our team organisation, but at the same time we were a little nervous, because as I mentioned before, we were facing a completely unknown opponent and anything can happen anytime during SoW matches and season, we have seen more than one surprise already!

Let's find out what happened in this battle…

The teams began to line up at both ends of the battlefield, with HOH quickly gathering 95 players, while on the other side SKR had great difficulty to collect 61 banners. We were a little bit disappointed when we looked across the field where there was obviously a much smaller team waiting to start than ours. I heard, several people murmured to the person next to them: "Well, this doesn't look like a very promising battle…"

It seemed that all our earlier predictions had proved true.

Before we went into battle we received the last information from the generals. It was the strangest order I've ever received, Depra said: “Go up north immediately and if you're lucky you'll come across one or two troops that you can slaughter.”

We followed the instructions and marched up immediately to Base 1. The rest of the teams did the same, they were on the way to north as well, only a few of them pausing for a moment or two to secure the building and passive points.

SKR's team quickly captured the two nearest Outposts. They knew that they would not wander any further south without a fight. A few very brave fighters made their way down to Base 1, where they were confronted by the massive HOH army. 

As you can see this battle for Base 1 wasn’t a very long or difficult clash for us. We outnumbered SKR forces very quickly. Our organised attacking style made it even easier to hunt down our enemies one by one, until no one left to fight with. 

While I and the "Winterfell" team were fighting at Base 1, the other HOH teams have occupied Armory and Hot Springs and after that they were on the way to the two Stark Outposts to engage in battle with SKR armies. The outcome of this battle was similar. The united HOH forces easily eliminated the SKR troops stationed there.  

When you're this high up in the north, there's only one way to go from here, if you want to do some kind of battle. Straight for the enemy base. We needed less than 5 minutes to take our positions by the “invisible wall”!

Luckily, it's still early in the battle, so SKR players are still venturing out and fighting, and sometimes even trying to escape, which is always fun, when you are chasing down a few fast horses across the map, just to get elimination points. 

In the next couple of minutes HOH completely encircled SKR’s base meanwhile our “delivery” team made sure that the resource bag was safe and travelling fast to its destination. Since SKR had no chance to break through our blockade, they had no opportunity to cause any trouble at Winterfell, so it wasn’t surprise that HOH easily delivered the first package! 

(Spoiler alert: we delivered all the resource bags without any difficulties!!!)

We were only in the 20th minutes of this battle, but I was confident to say it was over!

While I was standing and waiting by the enemy base, I looked around and I only saw my fellow teammates doing the same thing...standing and waiting...also hoping for there are still some brave SKR members who would come out and try to fight with us. But it was a bit too much to ask/hope for...their activity started to drop – most likely they run out of the “free” heals and they had no intention to use personal speeds for heal their troops. No one can blame them for this action, there was no point to waste them for a lost cause. 

The rest of the battle was very long, at least it felt longer than normal 30 minutes...there was nothing else to do just wait til the match ended. Our opponent decided to fully give up this encounter, they totally withdrawn their troops and did the same as us...wait. It was definitely an anticlimactic end of this battle, but we have to do these type of fights from time to time, in order to progress through the competition.

After the long wait the match finally has concluded and HOH secured the 2nd victory of the season! Thanks to SKR team for at least showing up and trying as long as they could. 

I’m really hoping that in the next round we could have a bit more action packed battle…

Thank you for your attention! 😊

'Til the next time...😏

Translate