More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

Wondrous Celebration: What to Buy

Guide
Article Publish : 04/19/2024 23:22
Translate
Edited by the jong at 04/27/2024 22:34

In this guide, I will take you through what you should consider when purchasing in this seasonal event.

If you haven't paid too much attention to the various rotations of seasonal events, then they all look very similar. You are rewarded chests for F2P-friendly grinds that can be redeemed into amazingly valuable items usually very hard to come by in regular weekly events. We won't dive too much into the mechanics of these, other than to use as many action points as you can spare (leave some if you have double rewards on the horizon), but make sure to acquire enough paintbrushes to complete the Colorful Party and enough Floral Coins to redeem at least:

1x 100 Stardust

1x Random Immortal Fragments

10x Philosopher's Offer

(Purchased in that order)

With the new update, there may have been changes to the random immortal fragments loot that we are yet to see. Perhaps immortals locked behind paywalls are now available with a small change, which would make this immensely valuable for F2P players. I can't confirm this, however.

Now, moving on to the more valuable redeemables in this event.

[Element] Schematic Fragment Selection Chest

Ancient Spirits Selection Chest

Shadow and Light Selection Chest II

Obviously, these are some of our favorite chests and really hard to come by. Exclusive artifacts are among the most important things mid/late game to have a competitive edge when maxed out, which is why you probably already have put a lot of focus on stellar compass and even prioritized some expenditures towards that event. So here is another event that allows us to spend a little towards getting a few extra schematics and try our luck at the forge.

Ancient Spirits Selection Chest is great as it provides dragon crystals, however, important to note that this is a resource relatively easy to grind free to play, so perhaps we shouldn't focus spending towards this item.

Lastly, the Shadow and Light Selection Chest II give us our favorite immortals that are really hard to come by free to play and something we should acquire whenever "a good deal" becomes available. So let's see if this event is one of them.

The items required for these "valuable" redeemables are Original Crystals. It is still too early in the event to identify all the sources of this item, but we already know that by completing the Wondrous Celebration, we get 30. This almost gives us enough for an EA Chest. I believe we will only get paintbrushes in the daily missions, but perhaps a few crystals could hide among these events. Only time will tell.

Now, to get the remaining, we have 2 purchasing options.

1. The Colorful Party Paid column: $20

2. The Original Festival Limited-Time Gift Bundles.

Usually, there would be a third option including some skins, but this event is limited, however.

So, which should we get?

The extra paid column gives mainly these Original Crystals and a total of 45 of them, actually. This is immense! So based on chasing EA chests, this is a no-brainer. To compare, then I have purchased daily recharge gifts whenever Alexander EA was available, and hereby paying $50 for 1 of his EAs. In this event, by grinding enough, you can get even 2 EA chests for $20 only.

Additionally, we do also get 60 Random Immortal Fragments, which perhaps have been improved in the recent update? If anything, it's still a lot of valuable soul shards.

If you are collecting shadow or holy immortals, this is yet another opportunity to get additional shards. Now depending on who you are building, my advice will be different. If building Himiko, Bjorn, or Siegfried, my advice is not to aim for the chest. The reason is that the $ spent per immortal shard is way higher in this event than compared to Sparks Of Galaxy, where we additionally also get their schematics. Say you are eager to get them, you will eventually purchase Frosty Orbs to get their EAs anyway, so you may as well play patiently and wait for season 3 where more shadow immortals become available in the event. If you are in conquest, the decision is even easier where they all are available through Sparks of Galaxy.

In Sparks of Galaxy, you can estimate the cost per 60 immortal shards is $13 if you invest early and purchase $1 daily early one, accumulating a lot of Frosty Orbs for when the event becomes available early in season 3. This is what I have done, why only being in season 2, I already have 491 Frosty Orbs, enough to finish up Himiko in the first round of Season 3 Sparks of Galaxy.

If you, on the other hand, are building some holy immortals, we need to compare to Theia's Roulette.

In Theia's Roulette, you would always want to go 2 rounds spending 50 tickets. This way you are guaranteed 30 immortal shards, by completing the first milestone on the roulette ladder. Having gone through hundreds myself, luck has not been playing in. I have every time had to go a total 25 spins to get 10x Himiko shards for instance, and I can, therefore, quite confidently claim that through Theia's Roulette, 60 holy/shadow shards cost $105.

So is this event a better option? Well, let's see.

Since we are in need of a lot of Crystals, The Colorful Party Paid column: $20 is a no-brainer.

Additionally, we need bundles that are, however, limited to a single purchase a day. Giving it's a 1-week event, we will be able to purchase each bundle 7 times, but importantly, you don't miss one then! The $10 bundle is an ever so slightly better deal than the $20 so we will be in need of 7 of this, and then just be missing exactly 10, which leaves us with 1x $20 bundle the last day, and that completes a shadow & holy chest at a total cost of $110. So, an ever so slightly worse deal than Theia's Roulette.

Conclusion

In conclusion, it can make sense to spend in the event towards holy/shadow immortals, however, in most cases, the schematic fragments are too good of a deal to pass on. To keep the cost of the shadow & holy chest attractive, it would require us not to redeem crystals for the EA chests, and this would be a strategically poor decision. So my final advice is to prioritize the EAs and skip the shadow & Holy chest and stick to Theia's roulette for these immortals.

Join the game now!

Translate