More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

Becoming a whale for one day

Wars & Stories in Westeros
Article Publish : 06/07/2023 11:50
Translate
Edited by per***@facebook.com at 06/08/2023 19:19

For the first time since i'm playing the game i was the strongest player during KVK! Before KVK officially started i decided to jump on some small Kingdom because my home kingdom is crowded and we are always paired with strong accounts which makes KVK for smaller players like myself really hard to play.Giving 90 Transnational Relocations might be too much just to have some fun but i dont regret it!  

Act one: Preparations

Ever since I have been able to improve my account, I have felt like trying events like KVK. In a Kingdom like k88, it's quite difficult because we have quite a large number of very strong players, which means we are always paired with a similar Kingdom, but I am not strong enough to deal with such strong players. I mean, we have players like King Goran,who is a member of a great BDR alliance, we have domestic players such as Death Bunny, or Rav3n, and of course we have some invaders, they are also in the bussiness of increasing Kingdom power too. Competing with players like they are is still impossible for me… After talking to a few friends, I came to the conclusion that i could do the same thing they did - i could go to a weaker kingdom! Although the thought of leaving home seemed dishonest and repulsive to me at first, after some thought I realized that there are still many more positives than negatives, such as the fact that I do not have to worry about someone using Dragon Skill Blocade and destroying me with a few rallies, and that it's much easier to get a high place in the rankings and better rewards. Besides, this thesis was supported by the fact that I need another 20 million merit for the last rank. Taking all of this in consideration i was finally ready to try it out how does it feel to be one of the strongest player in KVK! I knew it was a risky move, i need to find the right Kingdom and when i do that you never know who will be your opponent, especially because i took 3 days to look at other Kingdoms trying to find the one which suits me best and on almost every kingdom there were at least few really strong players. But i was ready to take the risk!

As I said, it took me 3 whole days to choose the kingdom I will jump into. It was really hard for me to decide, because if I choose wrong, I'll throw away 90 Transnational Relocations, just like that. I looked at almost every single Kingdom out there, searching, comparing, and observing the activities in some that I thought were potential destinations. And finally, after much deliberation, I decided to move on - k202! With a tear in my eye, I said goodbye to my home kingdom and bought a round-trip ticket to my next temporary destination

Act two: Know your friends and enemies

My arrival at k202 has not gone unnoticed. Although there are not so many players here, they noticed very quickly that there have been certain changes and that the kingdom has a new strongest player. Their skepticism was short-lived, however, as I explained to them in a brief conversation and introduction that I am not an invader who has come to take over the kingdom. On the other hand, they told me a short story about their kingdom being constantly besieged by invaders, which eventually led to almost all of them leaving, leaving only two alliances and one of the invaders. I have seen this scenario too many times, I know exactly how they feel and I was hoping to help them win the upcoming KVK, because they need some joy in these bleak times for this kingdom. We did not have much time for long conversation because there was only less than half a day left until the KVK started, so we wished each other luck and started preparing for the battles to follow.

A few minutes before KVK officially started I managed to find an abandoned castle with a lvl60 lord for my Dungeon Buff and i was exited to see who we would get as an opponent. The lottery decided that it would be k158 - one of the Kingdoms that were in the tight circle of where to go! I knew that there were few alliances there, that they didn't have many strong players and that I would be the strongest player in KVK, at least by power. With great impatience i awaited the start of the fight! Meanwhile, my home Kingdom once again were paired with incredibly strong Kingdom – k131, hometown of one of the greatest alliances in the game – NW1. Since i left my alts at home i said myself i will keep one eye how things will go there. 

Act three: Fight, fight, fight!

The countdown was over, the bell marked the beginning of the battle and I immediately attacked two players who didn't have truce. Unfortunately for me, they were completely empty.

At that moment, I became aware of how this day would go - despite being the strongest player on both Kingdoms and no one being able to attack me, there are simply too few players to make the experience complete. I still hoped there would be players who would want to fight. And I didn't have to wait long! Looking at the enemy's castles I saw that a few of them had crossed over to our Kingdom. Since I knew where our players were in the Kingdom, it was not difficult for me to keep track of where the enemies would appear. And I got my chance! One of the enemies tried to attack our weaker players, which proved to be a fatal mistake...

Not long after I destroyed him, another potential target emerged. Still, it turned out that I had hoped in vain - his castle was empty... I still spent some time looking for someone to fight with but there was just no one there, so I decided to take a look at how the k88 was progressing, try to tweak the alts to at least pick up maximum individual rewards and decided to rest for a few hours. I had to be refreshed and relaxed, i knew big fights will happen later that day! Looking at the score i was convinced we will win this battle, for sure.

Meanwhile, back on my home Kingdom situation looked pretty bad.

I knew this will be a tough matchup for k88 but this was brutal…

A big shock ensued when I got back into the game - the opponents completely turned the score in their favor!

Their strongest player managed to find a few of our players who had their truces expired and completely destroyed them, which brought him a large stock of points in the fight for the first place in the overall standings, and more importantly, his Kingdom brought a large number of points. This meant that I would have to make a great effort to reach it. I went back to my usual routine - looking for potential targets to attack. Very soon it became clear to me that everything was the same as it was when I took the rest - none of the enemies had their bubbles down. For this reason I changed tactics - I tried to provoke them by taking over the Great Castles. First up was Winterfell.

They played really smart – only their small players were in charge of taking Great Castles because they do not have much to lose. Next up – Storm's End and King's Landing.

But right before i was prepared to send all-out attack on Storm's End and King's Landing some poor guy accidently landed near my castle. My guess is he was trying to run away from someone using Random Transfer item, but he was really unlucky landing literally next to me. I accepted this gift 😊

After occupying castles several times and thus trying to get their strong players to engage in combat, I realized that they didn't want to do that and that it was just a waste of time. So I decided to take a short break after checking what's the situation on k88. And I had something to see - there was a big twist and k88 is in the lead! Can a miracle happen and we manage to defeat such a strong Kingdom?!

My next and last return to the game during this KVK started perfectly! The time has come for opponents to be actively involved in the fight as well! It was all set for our final showdown! First in line for the attack was one of their best players who was obviously in charge of attacking our players at the nodes because I caught him doing just that.

After dealing with that guy, the moment has come to finally decide the winner in this epic battle! Our opponents decided to fight for King's Landing in an organized manner, thus trying to take as many points as possible and to secure the final victory. Seeing their plan, I first wanted to make sure they didn't have troops in their castles when I attack King's Landing and thus prevent them from sending reinforcement. Most of them had already lost their troops, but I still managed to find a few who still had some soldiers left.

The excitement grew, the final battle began! It's finally time to put things back in place and to assert my dominance by taking King's Landing away from them! They only have 8 players in reinforcement, a little more than 3.5 million troops, most of them all cavalry which suits me perfectly since my spearmen are trained for these tasks! The attack took off, I looked towards King's Landing with fear and hoped they wouldn't pull the troops back, I desperately need points to fight for first place overall! I even used speed up boots to get to the enemy as soon as possible! Just a little bit more... The troops is about to reach its destination... And here it is! Boom!!!!

And there it was… Coldest shower ever. Sadest part was i lost my lord which means for the next hour i cannot fight. I just need to sit back and watch how our enemies are taking massive points advantage. My lord did drank the poison and he will be back in an hour, but then it will be too late. Unfortunately at this point we knew we cannot get back in this battle anymore, enemies retreated, they put their truces back on and they waited till the end. I did manage to find some more unbubbled players afterwards but that was too little too late.

Again i desperately tried to provoke them into engaging in a fight by taking Great Castles, but that backfired greatly because they caught me offline,while i was looking at the situation back on k88, where once again situation was turned around and now k131 secured their victory. 

And that was it, after that everyone kept their truces up. I've spent last moments of this battle looking for some more targets but there were noone to hit.

Act four: Conclusion

What can i say about this experience? Was it worth spending so much Transnational Relocation for one KVK and was it worth it to spend so many resources, diamonds, precise transfers and speed up items just to have fun in KVK that one day? It absolutely did! Maybe I didn't achieve the goal I set for myself at the beginning which is to collect 20m of merits, maybe I didn't bring victory to this Kingdom which was my wish after hearing what they went through, I must have overestimated my capabilities and strength thinking that no one can harm me, but this was a very exciting day. It's a shame that more people from k202 didn't get involved in the fight, a few of us who fought were still too few to take the final victory, and I certainly missed a lot and I made a lot of mistakes but not for a single moment did I regret coming here to play KVK. In the end I finished third overall which I personally consider as a failure, both k202 and k88 have lost their battles but at the end of the day we had a fun and that is what matters most. Till next time!

Translate