
If you’re building Alex as an F2P player, there are some strong skills you can use without needing to chase the hardest options in the game.
Alex is heavily focused on normal attacks. Eternal Conquest increases his Normal Attack damage, and while the active part is running it also increases his Attack Speed. That makes skills that trigger from normal attacks a natural fit.
I’ve covered all three of these skills individually in Skill School, but here I want to bring them together and look at how they fit Alex specifically.
Cleave: The Easy Starting Point

Cleave is the easiest of the three to get started with.
It unlocks at Tower of Knowledge level 31 and costs 20,000 Soul Crystals.
Every normal attack has a 75% chance to deal extra Physical Damage to two nearby enemies. The Damage Rate starts at 22.5% at level 1 and reaches 75% at level 8.
As I covered in Skill School: Cleave, Alex is one of the Immortals who makes especially good use of it because his increased Attack Speed gives him more chances to trigger Cleave.
It’s also available much earlier than the other two skills, so if you’re building Alex while progressing through the Tower of Knowledge, I’d start using Cleave as soon as you unlock it.
Wind Rage: My First Priority

Wind Rage would be my first priority once you start working towards the more expensive skills.
Every normal attack has a chance to immediately trigger another normal attack. That chance starts at 16.5% at level 1 and reaches 55% at level 8.
In my episode Skill School: Wind Rage, I described this as a skill that feels almost built for Alex, and that still sums it up pretty well.
His kit already improves his normal attacks, so Wind Rage simply gives him more of them.
Those extra attacks can also give you more chances to trigger other skills that activate from normal attacks, including Cleave and Assembly Charge.
Wind Rage needs 60 Ability Stones to unlock. F2P players can get these from the KvK Shop, with all 60 costing 48,000 Cold Silver.
If you’re saving Cold Silver specifically for Alex, Wind Rage is the one I’d get first.
Assembly Charge: A Strong Next Step

Assembly Charge is the next skill I’d work towards.
Every normal attack has a 60% chance to deal Physical Damage to the target and two nearby enemies.
Its Damage Rate starts at 22.5% and reaches 75% at level 8.
When it triggers, it also increases the holder’s Physical Damage for six seconds. That starts at 3% and reaches 10% at level 8.
I also covered Assembly Charge in Skill School, where Alex was my first choice for the skill because his Attack Speed gives him more chances to activate it.
Like Wind Rage, Assembly Charge needs 60 Ability Stones and costs 48,000 Cold Silver through the KvK Shop.
I’d still get Wind Rage first, then work towards Assembly Charge afterwards.
What Can the Battle Report Tell Us?

This battle lasted 24 seconds and gives us a good example of how the three skills can work together on Alex.
Assembly Charge was the biggest contributor, dealing just over 13.3 million damage and accounting for 42% of Alex’s total damage.
His normal attacks contributed 31%, while Cleave added another 22%.
Wind Rage appears as Windfury in the battle report. It contributed 6% of Alex’s damage directly, dealing just over 1.8 million damage.
But that 6% doesn’t tell the whole story.
Wind Rage’s value is also in giving Alex additional normal attacks. Those extra attacks work with the rest of the setup by creating more opportunities for skills like Cleave and Assembly Charge to activate.
So while Assembly Charge and Cleave show much larger damage numbers in this report, Wind Rage is helping support the normal-attack focused setup around them.
One battle report won’t tell us exactly how much damage each skill will contribute every time, but this one gives us a good example of why these three skills fit Alex so well together.
Which Skill Should You Get First?
If you’re still progressing through the Tower of Knowledge, start with Cleave when you unlock it at level 31.
Once you’re saving Cold Silver, I’d prioritise Wind Rage. It gives Alex more normal attacks and works well with the other skills built around them.
After Wind Rage, I’d go for Assembly Charge.
That gives you a simple progression path without needing all three straight away.
Final Thoughts
For an F2P Alex, I’d start with Cleave, save Cold Silver for Wind Rage, then work towards Assembly Charge.
If you want a deeper look at any of them, I’ve covered Cleave, Wind Rage and Assembly Charge separately in Skill School, including their mechanics, costs, pairings and how to check them in battle reports. Just tap the links to be taken to the relevant episode.
What skills are you currently using on Alex, and which one are you saving for next?



![[Review] Skill Comparison: Analysis of Wind Rage vs Berserker in Infinity Kingdom](https://oss.gtarcade.com/forum/gif/2026-10-05/439967_02bc6bb5-d51e-40eb-9d85-687246798e79_130506.gif?x-oss-process=image/resize,w_150,h_150)

![[Review] Player's Digest: Weekly Summary of Recent News and Events in Infinity Kingdom](https://oss.gtarcade.com/forum/gif/2026-10-04/439967_6a3891a4-0cd0-4320-9f9a-716ac2ea4eea_113032.gif?x-oss-process=image/resize,w_150,h_150)