More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

"New Found Power" [Part 9] Wukong's Path - An Infinity Kingdom Story

Press Officer
Article Publish : 10/06/2024 10:19
Translate

🔷 Introduction

Welcome to Part 9 of Wukong’s Path series. We are following the adventure of four unlikely friends on a journey to find themselves through friendship and the exploration of self. 

📄 Recap of Part 8: “”

Our crew of fire immortals has been searching for the lost philosopher's stone and finally found it deep in the mountains, where they decided it was best if Hippolyta would be the one to absorb its power. She was filled with energy, but no one quite understood what happened. Find out in Part 9 the result of this mysterious power!

🔷 Part 9: “New Found Power”

As the echoes of victory faded within the temple, Hippolyta felt a strange stirring within her—a new energy coursing through her veins, igniting her spirit. The warmth radiating from her was a testament to the bond they had forged, but it also held an unknown potential that both intrigued and unnerved her.

“Are you all right?” Seondeok asked, concern etching her features. “You seemed overwhelmed by the stone’s power.”

“I’m... still processing it,” Hippolyta replied, her voice steady yet soft. “But I feel different. Stronger. I can sense things I couldn’t before.” She closed her eyes, feeling the pulse of the world around her, as if it were woven into her very being.

Wu, ever curious, chimed in, “Let’s explore this new power! We need to know what you can do.” Her eyes sparkled with excitement. “We should find a challenge—a test of your abilities.”

Wukong nodded, his demeanor shifting from concern to eagerness. “Let’s head deeper into the mountains. I heard rumors of a stone golem terrorizing a nearby village. If we can draw it out, we might see what you’re capable of.”

The group set off, climbing through the rugged terrain, the sun casting long shadows over the rocky landscape. The air grew cooler, thick with the scent of pine and the promise of adventure. As they neared the village, they heard the distant rumble of the golem’s footsteps, each thud reverberating through the earth like a warning.

“There!” Wu pointed, spotting the enormous figure lumbering through the trees, its body a mass of jagged stone and moss, animated by dark magic. “Let’s be cautious. We need a plan.”

Hippolyta took a deep breath, feeling the energy within her swell. “I want to try something. If I can focus my newfound power, perhaps I can strike from a distance.”

Wukong stepped closer, a look of pride in his eyes. “We’re here for you. Whatever happens, we’ll support you.”

As they approached the clearing, the golem turned, its eyes glowing with a malevolent light. It let out a roar, sending debris flying, and charged toward them with surprising speed.

“Form a line!” Seondeok shouted, positioning herself alongside Wukong and Wu. They readied their weapons, each aware of the looming threat.

Hippolyta stood slightly apart, feeling the energy inside her crackling like lightning. She raised her hands, closing her eyes to concentrate. “I’ll channel my power,” she whispered, drawing upon the bond they shared, feeling their support like an anchor.

The golem advanced, swinging a massive stone fist toward Wukong. He dodged just in time, rolling to the side. “It’s too strong! We need to distract it!” he shouted, striking at its legs.

Wu flanked the golem, using her agility to dart around its massive form. “Over here!” she taunted, drawing its attention away from Hippolyta. The golem turned, swinging wildly, but Wu ducked beneath its grasp.

Seondeok joined in, her bow glowing as she conjured a storm of fire to focus the golem. “We need to wear it down!” she urged. But the creature seemed impervious to their attacks, its stony exterior deflecting blows as it pressed forward, relentless in its pursuit.

Hippolyta felt the urgency of the moment, a flicker of fear mingling with her determination. “I can do this,” she murmured to herself, drawing upon the warmth radiating from her core. She opened her eyes, now glowing with an ethereal light, and raised her arms skyward.

As if the heavens answered her call, seven bolts of fiery energy erupted from the sky, descending in a radiant arc toward the golem. Each bolt struck with the precision of a thunderclap, igniting the air around them. The creature roared in fury as the flames seared through its stone body, crumbling parts of it to dust.

“Now!” Wukong shouted, as the golem staggered under the onslaught. “Keep attacking while it’s distracted!”

Hippolyta felt exhilarated, her connection to the energy around her stronger than ever. She unleashed bolt after bolt, each one striking true, illuminating the clearing in bursts of fiery brilliance. With the seventh strike, the golem’s form shattered, collapsing in a shower of rocks and debris.

Silence enveloped the area as the dust settled, and the remnants of the golem lay scattered at their feet. The group stood in awe, their breaths heavy with astonishment.

“I... did it!” Hippolyta exclaimed, a mixture of disbelief and joy lighting her face. The once-terrifying creature lay vanquished, and she felt a rush of exhilaration wash over her.

“You were amazing!” Wu cheered, rushing to her side and pulling her into a hug. “That was incredible!”

Wukong stepped closer, a proud smile spreading across his face. “You harnessed that power perfectly. But remember, it’s not just about the strength; it’s about how we use it.”

Seondeok nodded, her eyes shining with admiration. “You’ve unlocked new potential, but we must remain vigilant. The stone’s power is a double-edged sword.”

As they celebrated their hard-fought victory, a shadow flickered in the distance, a lingering reminder of Loki’s dark magic. Though Hippolyta had triumphed today, they knew that the path ahead would continue to test their strength and unity. With the Philosopher's Stone as a looming threat, they would have to navigate their newfound abilities with caution and resolve, forging a destiny together that would shape the very fate of their realm.

📄 Recap Questions

What will our group of heroes do now that they have seen this new power within Hippolyta?

Will anyone else dare to touch the stone and unlock their own potential?

🔷 Conclusion

The philosopher's stone plays an important role in Infinity Kingdom, but in this story it plays out just a little bit differently. Our heroes must figure out what their true potential is and determine the risk of using the stones' power or not. 

See you next week!

🔷 Hades, Press Officer.

Important Links

Discord Server

Infinity Kingdom Discord

Links to Download the game

Game Download Link  

Game Download Link Korea

Game Download Link Tw/Hk

Infinity Kingdom / 無盡城戰

Translate