GTarcade App

More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

K55 vs K347; crazy fun in KvK

Wars & Stories in Westeros Wars & Stories in Westeros
Article Publish : 07/23/2023 05:14
Translate

I came to K55 with EldaS in tow to have some fun merit hunting, having some good fights and all around enjoying the trip. The trip lived up to its expectations and more, but now we were at a slight predicament. KvK was just around the corner and we didn't know what to do. Should we go back home to k96 or spend the KvK here on k55 and then move onto another kingdom to continue our trip. After a bit of discussion among ourselves the decision was made to reach out to BBs, the dominant alliance in the kingdom. Maybe if we asked nicely they would accept our offer for a truce.

It took a little talking and a lot of waiting but finally they agreed to the offer of a truce and were gracious enough to let us join the alliance for the duration of KvK. I stayed up for the start of KvK eagerly waiting to see who we would be pitted against. This being a no death KvK, I was hoping it would be full of action even if the action is short lived.

As the time for reset struck and I scouted out the enemy kingdom it became clear that they were pretty strong. SIN being the leading alliance with quite a few strong accounts. As it turned out nobody from BBs seem to be around for a fight so I just put my marches out gathering in the enemy kingdom and went to bed. A few hours of nap would restore my energy and hopefully I will come in raring to go...

After I woke up the first thing on my mind wasn't KvK but All Out War, Everything looked calm, in the kingdom, nobody had hit my resource nodes so I was happy to see what upcoming fights in AOW I might need to send my army to before taking a look around for any viable targets to start KvK off with. While I was pottering around sending my marches off to a rally or two, EldaS almost deafened me with his shout of "Rally is upppppp, join fast!" So there i went, armour straps barely tied, to jump right next to him for a rally on k347 HighGarden. The castle was being defended by a mix of spears and bows so it was a golden opportunity for EldaS to shine. An opportunity he would never forgo. It was a very successful hit despite it being only the two of us in the rally! 13 mil vs 124 mil loss, a clear win for our side!

I was looking around apprehensively for any retaliation coming our way. The K347 bigwigs were clumped up in a temporary hive not too far away and we were both in fervor, and a swift rally on EldaS or a quick solo on me could be devastating and end our KvK adventures quite prematurely. But EldaS was already off somewhere else and no body seemed to be stirring so I thought I would look around for targets as well.

Casterley rock seemed perfect for my first bout. Raynmann from SIN was holding it with about 3 million cavalry troops. I could have very well soloed it, but having deprived EldaS of a rally during the invasion I thought I owed him one. I ended up capturing Raynmann's lordin this hit! A good start for sure.. (Sorry I lost the battle report 😅)

Next port of call was Storm's End where The Mad King and a few other SIN members were holding court but The Mad King did not have his lord in the GC.

That made it a very attractive target to go for and I launched my rally, EldaS, Grim reaper and WonderWeasel had my back. The 3.5 million troops in the castle didn't really stand a chance. We quickly recalled our troops and random ported away looking for other targets. But between EldaS and I, we have already liberated all the GCs except KL. So, maybe it was time to turn our eyes towards the temporary hive. The lack of any retaliation meant they were probably not around. What better chance than this to have some fun!!

EldaS was the first to rally The Mad King, despite his lord being out, he was quite a strong player with a large number of defending troops in his castle. We'd have to be careful with this guy.

Though EldaS would have preferred we all reinforce him with infantry, at this point some of us had run out and ended up sending whatever we had at hand, despite that the lordless troops of The Mad King didn't do very well against the onslaught.

Two back to back rallies from him took care of most of his infantry troops and it was now my turn to try out my spears. I was excited and a bit scared, though there was really nothing to be scared of, his city was more or less depleted and I would have 4 dragons in my rally.

So, off I went and damn that went a lot better than I expected. A large part of the credit certainly goes to EldaS who chivalrously went

ahead and softened The Mad King up for me. Also I was given all spears for my rally which certainly helped against the cavalry troops that were left in his city. Things were going well for us, we haven't had this much fun in a KvK for a while. The fact that this was a no death KvK and everyone was just willing to let loose certainly helped. But just as I was reveling in our good fortune I was also wondering how long that would last!

Well as it turned out, not very long! WAYL4ND3R dropped right next to us just as EldaS was rallying a player, with our troops tied up in the rally, we had no hope of getting away. One solo and we were out for the count! WAYL4ND3R is a very strong player and I had seen him zero a BBs player earlier in the day, so when I saw him drop next to us, I knew it was game over.

Well that was the end of it for this KvK. k347 was winning the war from minute one, but at least we had some fun for about 45 minutes and ended up in top 15 for solo points as well. So, all in all not the worst KvK we had been in. Hopefully next KvK which isn't so far off will be as action filled as this one as well.

Translate