GTarcade App

More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

[HISTORY] History Lesson On Attila the Hun! By Prof Zelus

Off Topics
Article Publish : 03/27/2022 20:01
Translate

Welcome students, to the third installment in my planned syllabus for you all, I am your professor, Professor Zelus 🤓

Today's lesson is on one of the most powerful rulers in the world history, Attila the Hun ⚔️

Unfortunately, much of Attila's personal details are lost in time and only his many conquests and accomplishments are recorded.

What is known is he was born in 395 AD and lived to the age of 58 where he died 453 AD. Attila, is famously known as Attila the Hun as he was the ruler of the Huns, The Huns were nomadic people mainly living in Central Asia, Caucasus and Eastern Europe, very rarely sticking to one location as they live on the road traveling around.

Mór Than's 19th century painting of The Feast of Attila, based on a fragment of Priscus

During his reign between 434 and to his death in 453 AD, Attila was one of the most feared enemies of the Western and Eastern Empires, capturing and conquering major parts of Europe, he had planned for many more conquests but unfortunately died.

There is no surviving accounts of the appearance of Attila and very few, there is only one second hand description provided by Jordanes who cites a description supposedly by Priscus, it reads as follows

"He was a man born into the world to shake the nations, the scourge of all lands, who in some way terrified all mankind by the dreadful rumors noised abroad concerning him. He was haughty in his walk, rolling his eyes hither and thither, so that the power of his proud spirit appeared in the movement of his body. He was indeed a lover of war, yet restrained in action, mighty in counsel, gracious to suppliants and lenient to those who were once received into his protection. Short of stature, with a broad chest and a large head; his eyes were small, his beard thin and sprinkled with grey; and he had a flat nose and swarthy skin, showing evidence of his origin"

I hope you enjoyed today's lesson, let me know below who you would like to see in the next lesson.

Todays suggestion was given to me by the lovely Daisy of IW alliance in S71 💙

Thanks for reading,
Zelus 🤗

Translate