GTarcade App

More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

Spotlight on Immortal : Ashoka

Press Officer
Article Publish : 07/03/2024 00:57
Translate

Hey everyone, I'm PO PandaMoratia. In today's article, we will delve into The Immortal Ashoka. We'll review the immortal's skill and exclusive artifact, and explore potential immortal and skill pairings. Lastly, I'll share my insights on his role in the current meta.

History : 

Ashoka, also known as Ashoka the Great, was the third Mauryan Emperor of Magadha in the Indian subcontinent during approximately 268 to 232 BCE. His empire spanned a large part of the Indian subcontinent, stretching from present-day Afghanistan in the west to present-day Bangladesh in the east, with its capital at Pataliputra. As a patron of Buddhism, he played an important role in spreading Buddhism across ancient Asia.

According to Ashoka's edicts, during his eighth regnal year (approximately 260 BCE), he conquered Kalinga after a brutal war. Subsequently, Ashoka dedicated himself to the propagation of "dhamma" or righteous conduct, which is the major theme of the edicts. The edicts also suggest that a few years after the Kalinga War, Ashoka was gradually drawn towards Buddhism. Buddhist legends credit Ashoka with establishing a large number of stupas, patronizing the Third Buddhist council, supporting Buddhist missionaries, and making generous donations to the sangha.

Despite having been almost forgotten as a historical emperor, Ashoka gained reputation as one of the greatest Indian emperors following the decipherment in the 19th century of sources written in Brahmi script. The emblem of the modern Republic of India is based on the Lion Capital of Ashoka, and Ashoka's wheel, the Ashoka Chakra, is adopted at the center of the National Flag of India.

Concept : 

Ashoka is a Fire Range Bowman Immortal. His ability shoots a powerful arrow towards the enemies directly ahead of him, inflicting massive Physical damage (Damage rate 420%) and has a 50% chance to double the attack’s damage.

Exclusive Artifact : 

I consider this artifact to be of low value. The Exclusive Artifact triggers when Ashoka deals double damage with his ultimate ability. It decreases the target’s Physical Defense by 50% for 12 seconds. It's a noticeable improvement, but it relies on luck and requires you to have multiple sources of physical damage to fully benefit from it. As for the stats, I would prioritize obtaining a main attribute of Physical Attack % and aim for "Iron Fist" as a special attribute.

Skills : 

As a Range Bowman, all the usual damage skills work very well on him. You can also switch his role and play him more as a support for Wu or SeonDeok, especially for low spenders in the early to mid game.

Flame Protection: Ashoka's performance is inconsistent and relies on RNG. This skill has the potential to significantly increase his damage or have no effect at all...

Best friends : 

Ashoka is not a versatile commander and is best used in marches focused on fire. His skills work well when paired with an aggressive William build (With Spear Impale as example) to quickly take out the row of enemies in front of them. This strategy will rely on luck, especially with early game, free-to-play friendly builds. Even in the late game, as a fourth march, you can still surprise your opponent with a lucky strike that could eliminate or severely damage an enemy march more than expected.

Conclusion : 

It's very easy to collect Ashoka early on, and having a Fire March that is friendly to free-to-play players can be quite helpful in the early to mid game. Ashoka is a common Immortal to come up against or use yourself, but he is very inconsistent. He can either be your worst nightmare or do pretty much nothing, depending on your luck, which can be quite frustrating. He doesn't really fit in the meta, and should disappear in the late to end game.

If you've liked the content, please hit the 👍 button and follow me for more content to come.

Press Officer [S56]PandaMoratia, member of the Ydvia Alliance [ANA]rchy. Press Officers are players with the role of journalist in the game. We are not developers, members of the support team, or GTArcade/YooZoo employees.

Additional informations

Infinity Kingdom / 無盡城戰

Game Download Link

Game Download Link For Korea

Game Download Link For Taiwan And HongKong

Official Website Link

Official Discord Link

#InfinityKingdom #gaming

Translate