GTarcade App

More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

[Historical Story] Dido: The Queen Ancient of Carthage!

Guide Forum suggestion
Article Publish : 07/03/2022 00:15
Translate
Edited by ik_tea at 07/03/2022 01:38

Hey, what's up! Tea is here!

I hope you are having a great weekend!

Welcome back to my Historical Story of Immortals!

Today I'll show history about:

~Dido: The Queen Ancient of Carthage~

Introduction

Dido is the first Immortal support water in the Epic class. She has become the most important part for merlin because of its effect. Let's see about the historical story!

The Begin of Story

Aeneas telling Dido of the misfortunes of Trojano

Painter: Pierre-Narcisse Guérin

According to legend, when the king died, Dido's brother, Pygmalion, murdered Dido's wealthy husband, Sychaeus. The ghost of Sychaeus then tells Dido what happened to him. He also reveals the location of his treasure to Dido. Dido, knowing how dangerous Tyre is with her surviving brother, takes the treasure, flees, and ends up in Carthage, Tunisia.

She made a deal with the locals. Offering to trade her vast fortunes, in exchange they would give her what she could stuff inside a bull hide.

The Queen of Carthage

Dido: Queen of Carthage

Portayed by: Purcell's Opera

Dido demonstrates her intelligence when they agree on what appear what to be a very profitable exchange for them. She took the skin from their offer and cut it into a long strip. Then she used that strip to wrap it around the base of the hill the village resides on. Essentially, using wits, she claimed their home and became the ruler.

What exactly is this that is so contentious? it is have a complicated relationship with Carthage, so the majority of the information we have about Dido comes from European sources. Carthage was supposedly founded centuries after some claim. On the other hand, evidence from Carthage's archeological digs that Phoenician traders were operating out of the city by the eighth century BCE suggests strongly that Greek pottery from that era was used in the region.

Last Words

Dido's story curiosity the interest of many later writers, including the Romans Ovid (43 BC - AD 17) and Tertullian (c. 160 - circa 240 AD), as well as the medieval writers Petrarch and Chaucer. Later, he played the title role in Purcell's Dido and Aeneas and Berlioz's Les ennes operas.

This Dido story is also closely related to inter-island trade involving water areas, which causes Dido to become a Water Immortal and has a support class behind the scenes due to her power.

Bibliography

[1] Caro-Barnes, J. M. (2008). Marlowe's Tribute to His Queen, in Dido, Queen of Carthage. Early Modern Studies Journal1.

[2] Ray, S. (2006). Marlow (e)'s Africa: Postcolonial Queenship in Conrad's" Heart of Darkness" and Marlowe's" Dido"," Queen of Carthage". Conradiana38(2), 143-161.

[3] Kinney, C. R. (2000). Epic Transgression and the Framing of Agency in" Dido Queen of Carthage". Studies in English Literature, 1500-190040(2), 261-276.

Thank you for reading my article!

You can also check my latest post and articles!

⭐ Direct Link: 

Press Officer Tea

⭐ Download Link: 

Android: Here!

iOS: Here!

Huawei: Here!

PC: https://infinitykingdom.gtarcade.com/

⭐ Infinity Kingdom Official Page

https://infinitykingdom.gtarcade.com/

#InfinityKingdom

#HistoricalStory

#Dido