Details page

[Historical Story] Tomyris: The Queen of Revenge

Off Topics Forum suggestion
Article Publish : 05/29/2022 15:39
Translate
Edited by ik_tea at 05/30/2022 00:18

Hey, what's up! Tea is here!

I hope you are having a great weekend!

Welcome back to my Historical Story of Immortals!

Today I'll show history about:

~Tomyris: The Queen of Revenge~

Introduction

Tomyris is the most recent Immortal in the Infinity Kingdom. Immortal will indeed be obtainable after update 2.1 in May 2022.

The Story

Tomyris

Painter: Andrea del Castagno

From the 6th century BC, Tomyris was the Queen of Massagetae. The Massagetae were a nomadic Iranian people who lived on the north coast of the Black Sea.

In 530 BC, the Persian Empire invaded Massagetae, killing Tomyris' son. In retaliation, Tomyris launched a full-fledged assault, defeating the Persians in a bloody battle and killing Cyrus the Great. Following his conquest of the Babylonians, Cyrus developed a desire to conquer the Massagetae.

Cyrus The Great

Painter: Jean Fouquet

The Massagetae are now thought to be a powerful and warlike nation that dwells eastward, toward the rising sun, beyond the Araxes River, and across from the Issedonians.

At the time, the Massagetae were ruled by a queen named Tomyris, who had ascended to the throne following the death of her husband, the late king. Cyrus dispatched ambassadors with instructions to her. Tomyris, however, aware that he was courting her kingdom rather than herself, forbade the men from approaching. Cyrus, seeing that this deception did not advance his plans, marched towards the Araxes, openly displaying his hostile intentions; began building a bridge on which his army could cross the river; and began conquer the towers on the boats that would be used in the passage.

Tomyris: The Queen of Revenge

Designer: Veysel Kara

The story of Queen Tomyris is told by the Greek historian Herodotus. When King Cyrus of Persia attacked her land, she defeated his armies and took his head in retaliation for the death of her son. (Herodotus.) During the Renaissance, Tomyris served as a model for female heroism; for example, the inscription at the bottom of Castagno's painting of Tomyris reads, "Vindicavit se defilio et patriam liberavit suam," which translates as "She avenged her son's death and freed her country." (Georgus). As a result, a comparison to Tomyris is an excellent way to compliment a powerful and determined woman.

Tomyris is the only ruler to have defeated Cyrus the Great in battle, and her victory ended the Persian conquest of the Middle East.

Conclusion

Tomyris is a great ruler from Massagetae, she is the queen of revenge. It is the reason why she has Shadow status in the Infinity Kingdom. Because the past story is a bit dark; there is a lot of war and revenge. She is also the reason Cyrus the Great death is tragic.

Bibliography

ŞAHİN, M. (2021). BATI SANATINDA TOMRİS HAN. Uluslararası Türkçe Edebiyat Kültür Eğitim (TEKE) Dergisi10(1), 1-17.

Pelling, C. (2006). Educating Croesus: Talking and Learning in Herodotus' Lydian Logos. Classical Antiquity25(1), 141-177.

Shapiro, S. O. (1994). Learning through suffering: human wisdom in Herodotus. The Classical Journal89(4), 349-355.

Sobotka, G. (1907). The Revenge of Tomyris (A composition after the Master of Flemalle). The Burlington Magazine for Connoisseurs, 389-390.

Thank you for reading my article!

You can also check my latest post and articles!

⭐ Direct Link: 

Press Officer Tea

⭐ Download Link: 

Android: Here!

iOS: Here!

Huawei: Here!

PC: https://infinitykingdom.gtarcade.com/

⭐ Infinity Kingdom Official Page

https://infinitykingdom.gtarcade.com/

#History

#Tomyris

#NewImmortal