More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

Festival Advanced Tokens

Discussion
Article Publish : 09/23/2024 22:34
Translate
Edited by jthweatt at 09/25/2024 09:48

This is a minor quibble but it's also one that I have been sitting on for several months.

Overall, I like the new festivals that happen between the Tycoon events. There's actually a lot about them to like, not the least of which is the developers demonstrating that they can add items to shops that are accessible to people who don't recharge. If I had to give them a grade it would be a solid A-minus, and again this is coming from someone who won't ever compete for the items in the Deluxe Rankings. Everyone has something they can reach for.

My issue is with the Advanced Tokens that were introduced starting with the March event. There's nothing that costs one Advanced Token, so any that I have after spending tens of them are just clutter now.

• For one thing, there's no exchange for them that could go from month to month, such as happens in Clifford Tree.
  • During old-time holiday events that were placed in Hot Events, there was a "big item-to-small item" exchange so that all of both kinds of item could be used by the end of the event. Since there is something that costs one normal Token, getting an X-for-1 exchange from Advanced Tokens to normal Tokens would also solve the problem. Obviously, no such exchange exists either.
  • Considering that as the Festivals have progressed, the developers have started labeling them with the current year, I have reason to think that next year's comparable festivals will be "2025 Tokens," thus making this year's Advanced Tokens unusable unless they have the foresight to plan for a token exchange in a year's time. Call me a cynic, but I don't exactly place high hopes on that kind of forward thinking...

...unless of course, someone passes on to the developers that they should start thinking about this problem now, with the goal of coming up with some solution that doesn't just cause inventories to become graveyards for 1 to 9 of these things every month. A solution that is able to account for future tokens and the ones we already have would be even better.

Translate