More benefits, more surprises

Get

Details page

My Football memories!

Wars & Stories in Westeros
Article Publish : 12/01/2022 06:58
Translate

Football... What is it?

Some say it's entertainment for the poor, for some it's life, for some it's the last breath of light in life.

For some, football is an escape from everyday life.

For some, it is still an ordinary day.

For some, football is an emotion, for some, football is a more beautiful melody than all of Mozart's symphonies.

They say that football without fans and audiences is nothing, just an empty meadow with a few people.

A sleepy grassy surface with occasional shouts or screams from players or coaches.

They say that once you fall in love with football, it stays forever.

They say once you become a fan of a team it's like a curse.

You are with him through happiness and sadness, defeats, victories, but also long-term declines.

I will tell you how it all started, at least for me and some of my family members.

I could go very deep in many directions, but I will still stick to football for the most part.

It all started long ago in 1999, in one miraculous night.

Completely incomprehensible to me, but enough to feel and notice the happiness on the faces of my older brothers, as well as the enthusiasm on the faces of those who were running around the field at that time.

Even though I was completely young, lost and confused, I looked at the happiness that was on the face of my older brother, but certainly also of another slightly younger one.

Solskjaer - Sheringham ... Those two names were ringing in my ears.

I also wanted to feel the happiness and joy that I saw on my brother's face.

He was a hard core fan of Manchester United.

I grew up watching Manchester United games with him.

Heroes like Paul Scholes ,Ryan Giggs ,Roy Keane ,David Beckham and Van Nistelrooy  were in my head.

I would go out with friends and scream around once I pass a ball believing that I’m Scholes or Keane.

When I would take a free kick I would feel like Beckham ,while I would score and say ‘’ Ruudd Ruuud Ruuud van NistelrooooOOOYYyyy ‘’ 

But I still needed a hero ... I needed someone to identify with.

Some new blood was needed.

And then he came... young, fast, strong as a bull.

A player who will change my youth and teenage days.

His name was Wayne Rooney.

At that time Cristiano Ronaldo arrived in Manchester, he was the hero of almost every United fan. But for me there was only one and his name was Wayne Rooney.

The first few seasons were difficult, first Arsenal was unstoppable, and then Chelsea came for their own.

The 2006 World Cup was approaching.

With the fact that many players of the English national team played for Manchester, I was a fan of the English national team.

England played brilliantly and Joel Cole's goal somehow remained in my memory.

Unfortunately, England was eliminated by Portugal in the quarter finals.

I somehow kept watching it as my other brother sympathized with Italy.

Italy won on penalties and thus became the world champion.

But somehow I felt that it was the beginning of joy, I don't even know why.

Manchester, on the wings of Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney, destroyed all opponents.

Three premier leagues in a row.

But the time has come for the greatest moment ever.

Champions League final.

I dreamed of that moment for a long time and hoped for it, many of my childish tears in previous seasons, many defeats and now finally the opportunity has appeared.

I finally felt that happiness and emotion that my brother felt, I finally felt success.

I believed that many more finals and titles would come.

The finals have arrived...but not the titles.

Barcelona will crush my dreams twice.

And in the gap between those two defeats, Cristiano Ronaldo himself will leave the team, who went on the path of his dreams to Real Madrid.

Several more years of success in the English Premier League followed.

I had no idea that everything would somehow start and end with the Dutchman.

Robin van Persie arrived in the team.

Everyone remembered the glory days of Ruud Van Nistelroy.

One of the most beautiful titles of 2012-2013 remained deeply etched in my memory.

But then the saddest day will follow.

Farewell to Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United.

As a kid, I would often criticize him and sometimes want him to leave because he didn't do everything right.

And then... I realized at the end that I had the opportunity to watch the greatest coach of all time.

I realized that all the smiles and tears that I experienced, as well as my family, who would gladly watch Manchester United, were because of him.

After him came gloomy days.

Once again the world championship is ahead of us.

I hope that, just like 16 years ago, this world championship illuminated by the sun of beautiful Qatar will once again bring back the glorious days of Manchester United.

And if they don't bring, I will wait and hope for the next one who will finally light up the stands of Old Trafford.

Or as it was once called not so long ago... "Theatre of Dreams".

Finally, a few words from me along with the video.

Until the next time with regards!

Your ,TheDoomHound.

Translate